PDA

View Full Version : BES Account with Additional account

Lronnie00
09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
I have a Blackberry that is configured on a BES server. When I add additional email for expample @<hidden> account, I start to recieve both incomming emails in the default email mailbox. So I start to receive duplicate emails. Does anyone know how I can prevent the blackberry.net account from showing in the default mailbox. Is there a filter on the BES server I can set up????

As a side note...I enterprised activated the blackberry then added the additional account.

Dubdub
09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
All mail goes to the main messages folder. That is how the BB works and AFAIK, there is no way to change it. Mail also goes into a specific folder for each BIS account that you have. However, when you delete from one place it is gone from all.

Are you also forwarding work email to a BIS account as well as receiving via BES? Shouldn't need to do that as BES is quite timely for receipt and push.

Keep in mind that as long as you are on BES, there is no personal data/mail.

Also, I never recommend using the carrier supplied email address. You can end up with tons of SPAM as it is totally unfiltered, the only way to read mail coming to that account is via the BB so in a network outage, no email, and last, you cannot take it with you when/if you change carriers.

jjmach
09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Check this other post, may help you
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/149763-e-mail-kept-apart-post1097604.html#post1097604

KeNNethX
09-12-2008, 12:51 PM
I've always felt that RIM should offer an option under Messages for > Show BES mail only yes/no. I have sent that as a suggestion to bbsuggestions@<hidden> They welcome any and all suggestions at this address (although you may need to be a t-support subscriber to mail to it, I'm not sure.

penguin3107
09-12-2008, 12:56 PM
I've always felt that RIM should offer an option under Messages for > Show BES mail only yes/no. I have sent that as a suggestion to bbsuggestions@<hidden> They welcome any and all suggestions at this address (although you may need to be a t-support subscriber to mail to it, I'm not sure.

They sort of listened to you.
The BES admin can make this change to give BES mail it's own icon, but is a server-wide change, not per user.
BlackBerry Search Results (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15003&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=151600256&stateId=0%200%2070501349)