PDA

View Full Version : Curve 8330 Not charging?

Richard Holloway
09-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I plugged in to charge my 8330 earlier and nothing happened. Tried two different chargers, definitely plugged in and live but nothing.

Had to pull the battery to get it to show as charging. There was nothing strange running, nothing fancy going on and everything seemed to still be working as far as the phone, email, etc. I was wondering if this is common?

Seems like charging the battery should be pretty straight forward, especially from the factory wall charger...

(After the forced reboot, plugged into both chargers and each was confirmed to be live.)

It wasn't just the charge icon either-- if the screen was dark from inactivity, plugging didn't wake the screen like it normally does... Nothing to fix anymore but I'm wondering what may tend to cause such things...

dhendriksen
09-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm no expert, but I would be going to get that sucker warrantied. A guy at my office had that same thing happen with his 8830. Luckily we got 28,000 Verizon phones, and the rep ran a new phone out to him within about an hour.

kjjb0204
09-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Wirelessly posted

Definitely doesn't sound normal.

Richard Holloway
09-12-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm no expert, but I would be going to get that sucker warrantied. A guy at my office had that same thing happen with his 8830. Luckily we got 28,000 Verizon phones, and the rep ran a new phone out to him within about an hour.

Mmm. Delightful-- we didn't buy 28,000-- we bought 3. I suspect I'll have a bit less bargaining power but I'll put in a call...