PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Appts not deletable after discontinuing BES service

sheaiden
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I recently went to work for a different company that does not have BES, and so changed back from BES to BIS. Email is working fine, ATT helped me with the RIM side of things. Contacts and calendar appointments stayed, which is nice except that I had some recurring calendar appointments that go on forever...

Now, when I try to open them, I get the message "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." When I try to delete them without opening them, it just closes the menu and does nothing. I'm assuming this is because it's trying to go to the BES server to delete the appointments and is not able to.

I need to get rid of these appointments, even if I have to clear the calendar. is there any way to clear the calendar or delete these appointments without resetting the whole device? Can I just delete some service books or something?

sheaiden
09-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I solved the problem; I undeleted my Desktop:CICAL servicebook, and it still gives me the errors, but it will delete the appointments.

Thanks anyways!

holden
09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
I solved the problem; I undeleted my Desktop:CICAL servicebook, and it still gives me the errors, but it will delete the appointments.

Thanks anyways!

Ok,
I was going to chime in and ask if you tried to disable wireless sync and clear the offending entries once you have the sync off. Your method will work the same also as it stops wireless sync.

Now, did they policy your device at the old job?

H.