PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, my e-mail or Facebook?

anameli
09-13-2008, 12:03 AM
For the past several days, I have not received any e-mail notifications from Facebook in my BB. I do get them on g-mail because I see them in my computer, but they do not appear on my BB.

It's been happening since before Facebook changed its layout. I have not changed anything either on Facebook or my e-mail. And I used to get notifications, but no more.

I have g-mail and my device is an 8320.

Thanks for any thoughts, suggestions or info on this matter.

nm1k0
09-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Do they show up in the facebook app?

allankawakami@yahoo.com
09-13-2008, 12:23 AM
I had the same notification problem with my facebook application. You need to access Facebook from your laptop and access Settings and make sure under the heading Facebook that your settings are set to "YES".

nm1k0
09-13-2008, 12:24 AM
That could work too. I was thinking that myabe they had unchecked the box in the facebook application that says leave notifications on server. But it seems your idea made more sense.

anameli
09-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Do they show up in the facebook app?

Yes. They used to show up in e-mail as well, but not anymore. Only Facebook.
And I can see them in the e-mail in the desktop.

johnlatessa
09-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Yes. They used to show up in e-mail as well, but not anymore. Only Facebook.
And I can see them in the e-mail in the desktop.

Check your e-mail notification settings on the Facebook web site. I had to reset mine a while back, and all has been fine since.

anameli
09-13-2008, 10:43 AM
I had the same notification problem with my facebook application. You need to access Facebook from your laptop and access Settings and make sure under the heading Facebook that your settings are set to "YES".

What do you mean by this?
In Account Settings or Privacy Settings?
Sorry, I'm not getting it.

anameli
09-13-2008, 10:51 AM
That could work too. I was thinking that myabe they had unchecked the box in the facebook application that says leave notifications on server. But it seems your idea made more sense.

Where do I find this?

ETA: Never mind, I found it.
Thanks!

anameli
09-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Still not working.
Any other thoughts?

TIA.

renjitpal
09-24-2008, 02:59 PM
I had the same problem numerous times...I had the problem known as send all, receive none. Anyways, after talking to RIM for 2 hours and troubleshooting every possible thing, they finally told me to back up my phone, and do a "wipe handheld" under the security option. Everything worked fine after that.

When you restore your phone, restore only the bare minimum....contacts, bbm contacts, content store.

If you restore the whole phone, chances are the OS will become faulty again since you are bringing it back to the previous state.