PDA

View Full Version : Unable to download applications

fk23
09-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Am I in the right forum?
I hope so.
I have a Pearl 8120.

Anyway I cannot download applications.

If I use the on-board browser, after I click 'accept' the terms and move to the next page (which has notes about SP2 users of XP) I get a blue bar with 0% on it, never moves, and lots of 'next' and 'retry' buttons which do nothing if clicked.

If I try the same on my Opera Mini browser, I get to the SP2 page but nothing happens, no blue bar or anything.

If I try the 'connect your BB to the PC and click this button', on Firefox, it does nothing when I do that. On IE, well I can't even find the applications I want because IE forces BB site into UK mode only which doesn't have the same apps page as the USsite (which I can see on Firefox).

If I use either on-phone browsers to go to the mobile.blackberry.com website, I get a page telling me about BBbrowser and clicking anything on that site will either loop me around and around to the same page in the case of the pre-installed browser, or just sends me to the normal http site in the case of Opera.

What can I do to get applications onto my phone, I'm getting rather annoyed.
Thanks

John Clark
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
What applications are you wanting to download? The only applications that can be downloaded are .jar/.jad files.

fk23
09-14-2008, 06:46 PM
I was trying to get the Facebook and Flickr ones, which I assumed worked with the Pearl 8120...it never gets as far as letting me see what sort of application file the thing is.

John Clark
09-14-2008, 06:54 PM
There are certain applications that made for installing OTA (over the air.) They have to be .jar/.jad files. They will bring up a special page that says "Download" or "Cancel" and has all the info about the download.

fk23
09-14-2008, 06:56 PM
There are certain applications that made for installing OTA (over the air.) They have to be .jar/.jad files. They will bring up a special page that says "Download" or "Cancel" and has all the info about the download.

I don't get as far as being able to see the files for download. The browser won't work properly in the phone, or on my PC. I've not had an option button to directly 'download' anything off the BB website.

Also the BB browser loop problem shouldn't have anything to do with the jad/jar files should it? It happens with several other websites, at login, usually.

Edit: just uploaded to most current OS for my Pearl and now it won't even load the terms and conditions pages properly.
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

fk23
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Tried various things today. Nothing has worked.
Someone help!