PDA

View Full Version : ATT/Cing. Outage

blackberry999999999
09-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, new to this forum. I experienced an odd internet outage last night from 12AM to 7AM. I could use the phone and SMS, however. I am in the 61537, IL, USA area.

JSanders
09-14-2008, 08:16 PM
No issues here, and we haven't seen any RIM outages notices for last night (and Saturday nights are common time for RIM maintenance. Perhaps ATT in your area performed some, and with no warning.

John Clark
09-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Or you may have just needed a battery pull.

John Clark
09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Someone reported having an issue in SoCal. Maybe it's related:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/network-outages-powered-dataoutages-com/143925-t-outage-anyone.html

JSanders
09-14-2008, 09:25 PM
That report was six weeks ago, I hope it is solved by now!

Someone reported having an issue in SoCal. Maybe it's related:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/network-outages-powered-dataoutages-com/143925-t-outage-anyone.html

bbluv
09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Haven't had e-mail all weekend in D/FW.

JSanders
09-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Haven't had e-mail all weekend in D/FW.

My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/My_Email_Stopped_Arriving)

Good luck.

John Clark
09-14-2008, 11:28 PM
That report was six weeks ago, I hope it is solved by now!

Well, that's what I get for not reading the whole thing.

Hmm...goes back to see about closing that thread.

JSanders
09-14-2008, 11:31 PM
well, don't close it until you check with someone in SoCal to make sure they have data service down there!

tbird57
09-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Hey guys, new to this forum. I experienced an odd internet outage last night from 12AM to 7AM. I could use the phone and SMS, however. I am in the 61537, IL, USA area.I experienced the same thing last night myself in Ohio(near Columbus)...I was trying to send some data via MMS and would not send,also could not retrieve data...I did a battery pull,still not sending!! everything was ok when I tried that afternoon...

xiaosong
09-15-2008, 07:46 AM
I've been having problems with AT&T here in NYC all weekend. My phone will jump from GSM to EDGE and trying to access anything on my phone that uses the internet is spotty at times. I tried a battery pull, registering and resending service books but nothing seems to help. Sometimes it seems to randomly go back to EDGE and I would get my backlog of emails.

JSanders
09-15-2008, 08:18 AM
All of these sound like random AT&T data problems, maintenance maybe since they seem to be geographically spread out and in no certain pattern or time frame. I haven't noticed any issues here on my ATT account.

dpeters11
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Couldn't some of this be from the storm? I noticed tbird is near Columbus, I don't know about up there, but at one point Sunday, 90% of Cincinnati lost power. I just got this from AT&T 30 minutes ago:

Central Region:

Ohio / West PA: 326 GSM sites out of service; 24 UMTS sites out of service

Houston, South Texas: 460 GSM sites out of service; 302 UMTS sites out of service

Ft. Smith/Little Rock, Arkansas: 6 GSM sites out of service; 2 UMTS sites out of service

Chicago, Illinois: 11 GSM sites out of service; 6 UMTS sites out of service

Central Illinois surrounding areas: 3 GSM sites out of service; 0 UMTS sites out of service

St. Louis, Missouri: 7 GSM sites out of service; 0 UMTS sites out of service

North & Central Texas Markets: 15 GSM sites out of service; 1 UMTS site out of service

Southeast Region:

Tennessee / Evansville, KY: 37 GSM sites out of service; 5 UMTS sites out of service

Tennessee / Louisville, KY: 75 GSM sites out of service; 35 UMTS sites out of service

Lafayette, Louisiana: 8 GSM sites out of service; 0 UMTS sites out of service

New Orleans, Louisiana: 10 GSM sites out of service; 0 UMTS sites out of service

Northeast Region:

Upstate New York: 7 GSM sites out of service; 3 UMTS sites out of service

TreeDude
09-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Wow, that is a lot of towers down. Are any other carriers posting outages like these? I'm with Verizon in Western NY and have not had any troubles.

Sith_Apprentice
09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Couldn't some of this be from the storm? I noticed tbird is near Columbus, I don't know about up there, but at one point Sunday, 90% of Cincinnati lost power. I just got this from AT&T 30 minutes ago:

Central Region:

Ohio / West PA: 326 GSM sites out of service; 24 UMTS sites out of service

Houston, South Texas: 460 GSM sites out of service; 302 UMTS sites out of service

Ft. Smith/Little Rock, Arkansas: 6 GSM sites out of service; 2 UMTS sites out of service

Chicago, Illinois: 11 GSM sites out of service; 6 UMTS sites out of service

Central Illinois surrounding areas: 3 GSM sites out of service; 0 UMTS sites out of service

St. Louis, Missouri: 7 GSM sites out of service; 0 UMTS sites out of service

North & Central Texas Markets: 15 GSM sites out of service; 1 UMTS site out of service

Southeast Region:

Tennessee / Evansville, KY: 37 GSM sites out of service; 5 UMTS sites out of service

Tennessee / Louisville, KY: 75 GSM sites out of service; 35 UMTS sites out of service

Lafayette, Louisiana: 8 GSM sites out of service; 0 UMTS sites out of service

New Orleans, Louisiana: 10 GSM sites out of service; 0 UMTS sites out of service

Northeast Region:

Upstate New York: 7 GSM sites out of service; 3 UMTS sites out of service

do you have the source of this?

dpeters11
09-15-2008, 02:54 PM
do you have the source of this?

I just got it in my email from ATTMobility Outage Notifications [ATTMobility.Outage.Notifications@<hidden>]

Trouble Ticket Number: TT000008260233
Severity: High
Description of Issue: Degradation of GSM/GPRS/UMTS service due to the outage of multiple sites
Location of Issue: Central, Southeast & Northeast Region surrounding areas
Start Time: 9/12/2008 6:00 AM CDT
Symptoms you MAY experience: Some Voice and Data customers may experience gaps in coverage or difficulty connecting to the network
Estimated time of repair: Unknown

dmiller1856
09-15-2008, 07:31 PM
I haven't gotten an email all day today... Well, let me rephrase that... I have gotten several, but none of them have been delivered to my BB. On BIS.