PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth sync problem

doug494
09-15-2008, 08:26 AM
OK I have my pearl connected via bluetooth and am running ver 4.6 desktop software (ver 4.5 had the same issues).

I have removed the widcomm BT drivers and am using the Windows drivers.
I have all of the BT boxes checked in the Desktop Manager.

My BB device manager shows the pearl is connected. When I click on connections in the Desktop Manager and go to configure BT it shows my pearl as connected.

Despite all of this the Desktop Manager will not show it connected at the bottom of the screen and will not synchronize.

Please help

skyman84
09-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi,
Silly question I know, but have you gone into the Desktop software connection settings and told it to use bluetooth (or which ever com port the bluetooth device is using) as well as telling the device manager to use bluetooth aswell? They both need to point to the correct setting.
Also, have you tried sending a photo or similer small file from you computer to your BlackBerry just to test out the bluetooth connection??

doug494
09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
OK thanks for the easy solution.

I mistakenly assumed if I had it checked to sync bluetooth and automatically switch, it would look for a USB and if not present automatically look for the bluetooth.

skyman84
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM
that would be the easy thing for RIM to do and have the one setting!! but that'd just be to easy!!

Enjoy!