PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Create Yahoo Messenger Link..

Psychodelic-uz
09-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi--
We have just switched carriers and Blackberry Models. On my old 7250 with Alltel, I could have icons that took me directly to Yahoo Messenger and Fox News.

Now with the 8330 Curve through Verizon, I have to go through the Verizon Instant Messaging Link which gives me choices for which Instant Messing service to use i.e. Windows Live, Yahoo, etc. I hate this. I want to have a Yahoo IM Icon and link showing on my 8330. Does anyone know how to bypass Verizon's B.S. and add this? I have tried every method I know i.e. trying to download Yahoo Messenger (instead I got a link to Yahoo Mail which I never use).

Also, on my 7250, I had a direct link and icon to ox news. With Verizon, I can only get Reuters. Does anyone know how to add Fox news icon with direct link?

Thanks!!

jeremyckitching
09-15-2008, 02:41 PM
What happens if you go to http://www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging? I believe you can install the Yahoo IM client from that site.

Psychodelic-uz
09-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey--
I don't know if Verizon blocks this or what, but no link to download comes up after I accept the terms. My computer is not blocking, so if you have any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!