PDA

View Full Version : Curve Email?

sirbergersworth
09-15-2008, 11:35 PM
First post for me. Thanks in advance for your help and insight.

I am a Sprint Treo700wx user at the moment and I am going to more than likely be purchasing a curve in the next few weeks. There is only one thing that seems to be holding me back.
On my 700wx I currently have 4 email address' in the wm outlook that come to the phone. I do not use any push function (they just go out and check it every so often). Two being pop3 and two being imap. enough backround.
When I check those emails I see them all in there own inboxes. From what I can tell by my limited use of the curve (in store) it seems that all of the email address' would go to the same inbox. Is that correct? Is there a way to set up the curve to show the email accounts in a dedicated inbox for each account? for instance, I would like to have a inbox for each account separate. Also, do sms messages go to the same inbox as your emails on the curve.
Thanks again.

fonejunkie
09-16-2008, 12:38 AM
First of all, welcome to the forums.

For BIS (Blackberry Internet Service - non-corporate BES usage), the Blackberry OS is set to give you a generic 'Messages' mailbox which contains ALL messages; and a separate email-account-specific mailbox for each email address that you set up on your 'berry. You can hide or display those email inboxes anyway you like. Many (most?) of the users that I have encountered hide all but the general 'Messages' mailbox, but that is really a matter of personal preference.

One item of note: regardless of how you choose to display/hide the mailboxes, there is only one copy of any given message on your phone - the other instances are actually pointers to the single message stored on your phone - delete it in the generic 'Messages' mailbox and it disappears from the account-specific mailbox, as well (and vice-versa).

SMS/MMS messages also CAN go to the same mailbox, but again, that is user configurable - and many (most?) of the users that I encounter choose to separate them - but again - it's a matter of personal choice.

aapierre
09-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Simply put

I have an inbox for my sms/mms and 3 seperate inboxes for my different email addresses.

I have chosen to set the option to seperate them and also hide from the display the inbox containing all incoming messages.

You can have your cake and eat it very nicely in this instance.

sirbergersworth
09-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Wirelessly posted

thanks. I am jumping the WM treo ship very soon!! cannot wait.