PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of Verizon going contract free

JSanders
09-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Boy Genius seems to think so (http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/09/16/vzw-going-contract-free/)… enough so to state Verizon “will be offering contract-free services as of September 21. Much like T-Mobile’s FlexPay, the option will be available to those who pay full, unsubsidized prices for phones or for folks who want to bring in their own devices. This will give the option of upgrading and switching devices without having to make contract modifications or extensions.”

Is Verizon Wireless headed contract-free? | BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/09/16/is-verizon-wireless-headed-contract-free/)

Heavy Fluid
09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
That would be really nice. I would like to see all of the US providers move in that direction.

coldconfession13
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Wirelessly posted

Yea but worthless cause an unlocked cdma phone is rare to use on there network

djm2
09-16-2008, 04:32 PM
That would be a welcome change, and one that I might be interested in seeing.

rachamphetamine
09-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Wirelessly posted

I thought this was one of the perks of Verizon going contractless? Or maybe I didn't read closely enough

Demon
09-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Wirelessly posted

Worthless? There was just a thread last week with someone requesting this exact concept. I think it is great. If someone wants they can buy a new/used phone and activate it without having to do a two year agreement yet still receive the benefits of the contract plan pricing. I would expect this community to see the value more than others because people like to switch devices/carriers fairly rapidly.

sandmanfvr
09-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Worthless? Mine is contract free, from eBay, and works just fine thank you! ;-) If this goes through, they will have to drop my contract and then I have no ties to them. Is kind of nice and NOBODY should be on a contract if they own the device. Nobody.

Demon
09-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Worthless? Mine is contract free, from eBay, and works just fine thank you! ;-) If this goes through, they will have to drop my contract and then I have no ties to them. Is kind of nice and NOBODY should be on a contract if they own the device. Nobody.

I will check some info for clarification but I have heard nothing of this being retroactive.

Quinn
09-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Sweeet! :smile:
I'm on T-Mobile FlexPay, and I'm glad to hear other carriers are considering similar programs. Our (prepaid customers) money is just as good as anyone elses!
I loved how easy it was to walk in the store and buy the phone without any contract/credit check hassles. I've been using prepaid phones for several years and will probably NEVER consider signing a contract. This is a big step towards removing the stigma from prepaid service. Just because I don't want to sign a contract doesn't mean I'm a deadbeat.
Stick THAT in your hat, AT&T/iPhone :razz:

kjjb0204
09-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Sweeet! :smile:
I'm on T-Mobile FlexPay, and I'm glad to hear other carriers are considering similar programs. Our (prepaid customers) money is just as good as anyone elses!
I loved how easy it was to walk in the store and buy the phone without any contract/credit check hassles. I've been using prepaid phones for several years and will probably NEVER consider signing a contract. This is a big step towards removing the stigma from prepaid service. Just because I don't want to sign a contract doesn't mean I'm a deadbeat.
Stick THAT in your hat, AT&T/iPhone :razz:

Prepay plans are considerably more expensive per minute and most carriers don't offer prepay plans with bb data plans.