PDA

View Full Version : Issue sending Gmail & cloning another address

eyebrowski
09-17-2008, 07:08 AM
I have my work email forwarded to Gmail for spam filtering and have the account set up so that when I send email from Gmail it shows my work email address as the originator. This works fine when I am sending email directly from Gmail but when I send email with my BB through Gmail it does not clone my work address it shows the Gmail address. I know other people are doing this here, what is my issue?

Also, when I do reply from Gmail it says sent from "XXX@<hidden> on behalf of XXX@<hidden>". Is there anyway to strip the Gmail address completely?

Is there a way to receive email from Gmail but send mail through my work POP account on my BB?

eyebrowski
09-17-2008, 08:56 AM
I figured half of it out, I needed to edit the email settings on my BB to reply with a different address.

It still says the "on the behalf of" thing that I would like to get rid of though.

eyebrowski
09-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Wirelessly posted

I am still trying to figure this out, can anyone help?

WhyYES
09-25-2008, 11:54 PM
I've been doing this for several years and don't believe there's another way to prevent both addresses from being listed. That's the way Google wants it done.

eyebrowski
09-26-2008, 07:53 AM
Wirelessly posted

Is there a way to send using a different SMTP server than the one you are receiving mail with so I do not have to send out through Gmail?