PDA

View Full Version : Minuet browser...anyone try it?

rterrible
09-09-2005, 11:40 PM
just have the cingular browser on my 7100g, and was told by blackberry that there is no other browser i can get from them because i just have regular blackberry internet and am not on an enterprise server.
i have wml and html enabled but there's no html as far as i can see.
i see that handango has the minuet browser available for the 7100. has anyone tried this? couldn't find any mention of it in a search.
thanks.

triprince
09-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Minuet requires MDS (which requires BES.) For non-enterprise users, there are workarounds. Please review Mark Rejhon's FAQ (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185) for workarounds specific to your service provider.

Thank you for your interests in Minuet!

zflyr
10-29-2005, 10:59 PM
I am considering moving to the Minuet browser also but have a couple of questions in regards to use and pricing.

First, I have the BB international domestic and unlimited plan. How would changing the acccess and other parameters affect my ability to continue to use the BB service?

Second, are there any additional pricing or other issues associated with using third party software with the unlimited data plan?

Thanks,

triprince
10-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Assuming you are a BIS user (no BES), what you need is the IP gateway service. Whether you will get charged additionally for it depends on your service provider. Many service providers do not charge extra because you have already paid for it. Others, such as Cingular, may ask you to pay more at first, but I have heard many cases when users get it without extra charges after clarifying the meaning of the word "unlimited" with someone "knowledgeable" at Cingular.

I have not heard any cases when the use of 3rd party software resulted in extra charges. However, you may get extra charges if the 3rd party software uses a service that is not covered by your current plan.

Mark Rejhon's FAQ (link above) has some very good discussions on this topic.

jbairdjr
10-30-2005, 03:00 PM
I tried this software and really found it to be worse the Reqwireless.
I found that pages would not load like they should, and just found the browsing experience worse than the Blackberry Browser.

Dawg
10-30-2005, 03:14 PM
same here i didnt find it useful at allI tried this software and really found it to be worse the Reqwireless.
I found that pages would not load like they should, and just found the browsing experience worse than the Blackberry Browser.

ptzchris
10-30-2005, 03:27 PM
i tried it out....and to tell you the truth i was better off walking the two miles to starbucks and using myt laptop than bothering with minuet.......the borwising is horrible and 95 percent of the times the pages either take forever to load that it times out or dont even load.......i would say dont even bother......my two cents

triprince
10-30-2005, 04:53 PM
We are working tirelessly to improve Minuet, and your inputs are appreciated. You may want to try the new version (V1.1.2), if you haven't done so already. The display is a lot more "web-like", and the controls are easier to use. There is a discussion thread for Minuet V1.1 at http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=17372&highlight=Minuet.

Tazz602
10-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Downloaded the latest version last night - first form login page I went to that works fine on the Blackberry browser doesn't even show the form fields, just the text and no way to enter the credentials.

Going to uninstall it, Waste of my $20.00 -

jontalotta
10-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Tried it as well and had same problem logging into sites or using forms (login/data fields not even recognized)....

jbairdjr
11-01-2005, 11:28 PM
I paid for Reqwireless when it first came out, and used it extensively.
But, more and more, I found the Blackberry browser the overall best for a pleasant internet experience.
I think Minuet and the others have a long way to go to get me to spend any money for something that I already get.

triprince
03-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm pleased to announce that Minuet Browser V2.0 has been released :)

Please check out the discussion thread at the following link:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?p=188031#post188031

cybermikey3
03-11-2006, 12:28 PM
purchased minuet from handango, enable tcp on my bb and it worked but it was horrible, didnt display most pages and if it did it was very slow. got a refund from handango because it was so bad. recently started using bes off of exchangemymail.com , the speed and quality of the browser are worth the 20 bucks a month.

triprince
03-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Please give Minuet V2.0 a try as it has many enhancements over V1.1 :)