PDA

View Full Version : Can't delete App... Need help!

Shadowmaus
09-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Hello everybody,

I recently found a cool way to get freeware midlets onto my blackberry. I followed the instructions at the following site:

-------pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47229----------

So my problem is the application doesn't want to run now and even has an icon on my blackberry. However when I go into Advanced options>Applications the app is not listed. It is also not listed within the destop manager and there is no way to actually delete the app as far as I can tell. My only option is to 'hide' the icon. I do not want to hide it, I'd like it removed completely.

How to I go about doing this?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!~

Shadowmaus
09-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Well I suppose I won't be back onto this forum until after work tomarrow. So I won't be able to reply for a bit gotta run!

WFLDEng611
09-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Sounds like it is deleted, have you tried a battery pull? Sometimes an app will not completely deleted itself until a hard reset is done.

Fibonacci
09-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Create a backup;

Security wipe the device to remove corrupt application-database linking to an uninstalled program.

Restore your backup file.

If that is unresolved Download/Install hand held code from your carriers web site.. Run application loader with the battery out so the core/RAM files (alx/cods) get reloaded.

Then Restore your backup file.

Let me know. (y) :smile:

-Fibonacci

WFLDEng611
09-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Try the battery pull first, it's easier

Shadowmaus
09-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Battery Pull did not work.

And the other method made my phone look pretty much like it did from the factory, exept the icon remains. The app is still there.

heffman
09-25-2008, 09:50 AM
...is it possible that maybe the app is there and you dont recognize the name? scroll through the apps again and make sure that every thing listed is something that should be there...

Shadowmaus
09-25-2008, 05:13 PM
The app is not listed as far as I can tell.

My app list is as follows (what is listed in advanced>apps)
-Blackberry 4.3 Core
-Russion Characters
-Semitic Characters
-BlackBerry 4.3 system software properties
-Blackberry Attachment Service Properties
-Blackberry Maps
-Blackberry Messanger
-BrickBreaker
-Browser
-Email Setup Application
-Help
-MemoPad
-Password Keeper
-Phone
-Tasks

Yet I still have the uninstallable application icon in my menu. :x

JSanders
09-25-2008, 05:19 PM
In your applications list > Menu > Modules.

Look for it there, and delete.

And battery pull reboot.

Shadowmaus
09-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Closer! I found it. It is in the module list as noted.

However when highlighted and I press my menu button delete is not an option.

The following is the list of options I have withing the menu while I'm inside of "Modules":

"View Properties"
"Edit Permissions"
"Edit Default Permissions"
----
"Call Voicemal" lol
----
"Switch Application"
"Close

JSanders
09-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Then you are at using Desktop Manager > Application and UNchecking that app, to uninstall it.

Shadowmaus
09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Hmmm.... I can't find modules in the Desktop software.
When I go to the application loader it says there is no software available for my device.

Shadowmaus
09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
After tons a searching I ironically found an answer. Just so happens it is on this site lol.

I have not tried the procedure yet. Anybody know if this works well? I am going to look into this later tonight. I just wanted to post this in case somebody else out there is having the same problem at a later date. If it works I might not be back here for awhile. lol

-----------blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/67051-no-delete-module-option-menu.html-------

JSanders
09-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Hmmm.... I can't find modules in the Desktop software.
When I go to the application loader it says there is no software available for my device.

"modules" are not in the desktop software.

You must have your BB current OS loaded to your PC.

Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Application_Loader_Error)