PDA

View Full Version : help me pleeeese .... major problems!

islandmom
09-25-2008, 08:49 PM
hi to all,

we've bought a 8310 model in the UK but we live in the West Indies. We use our local simcard here with the local server, cable and wireless.

we're having major problems with the phonebook - the phone seems to think its in the UK, when I try to dial a number that is on the sim cards phonebook (used reviously in another phone) the blackberry adds the UK country code to it (044) plus the overseas country code used to dial FROM the UK (+1) which obviously makes the number wrong and unuseable.

the voice command dialing however works fine and doesnt add the country codes ???

I've discovered that to make the phonebook numbers work I have to put the country code first (784), it then does dial correctly but still adds the +1 region code before - which is what you would dial from outside the west indies.

the question is how do I remedy this,
is the phone dialling through the UK somewhow?
can I fix it so it thinks it lives here!!

NJBlackBerry
09-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Welcome.
Go into the Phone Application, press the Menu Key and go into Options
Scroll down to Smart dialing, click the trackball and change the Country Code to +784

That should work.

islandmom
09-25-2008, 09:11 PM
ok - this is where I look stupid ....

I click on options - and smart dialing isnt listed. any ideas?

Stinsonddog
09-25-2008, 09:18 PM
ok - this is where I look stupid ....

I click on options - and smart dialing isnt listed. any ideas?
Are you in the phone application (press green button once) before you click on options. We are not talking of options from the homescreen.

NJBlackBerry
09-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Scroll down to Smart dialing, click the trackball and change the Country Code to +784

islandmom
09-25-2008, 09:36 PM

thanks guys - didnt actually know what you meant by phone application menu but worked it out (I am blonde!)

all working fine. Thanks