PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Browser

juniorcruz
09-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Hey guys,

I need some help here. When I try starting the Blackberry Browser it gives the message "Uncaught exception: Invisible node cannot be made current". That's as far as I can go because my curve freezes for a little while. I can however, access the web through shortcuts like the Google App, ESPN, and Bank of America. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance for your help!

JSanders
09-29-2008, 08:07 AM
First off, remove the battery while still powered ON, hold a few seconds and replace to reboot.

Try the browser again. Any luck?

juniorcruz
09-29-2008, 08:37 AM
I tried that several time and no luck. the same problem keeps coming back up.

JSanders
09-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Ok, do this:

You need to delete the Service Book related to your browser.

Options>Advanced Options>Service Book> then Delete any/all the service books related to the [Browser Config] Find each one and left click to DELETE the necessary ones. There might be five of them.

Then resend the service books to restore them > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now . This will register your Blackberry and you will get a new Registration email message that says:Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network, and the Service Books will be restored.

You might want to do yet another battery pull reboot, and try the browser again.

juniorcruz
09-29-2008, 09:16 AM
I Have not done that yet. I called T-Mobile and apparently there are outages around my area and they told me that that's what's causing the problem.

JSanders
09-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Sorry, they are wrong.

Again.

I would advise doing as directed above. Otherwise, what is the use of asking here?

juniorcruz
09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks for your help, my Blackberry is now back to normal!

JSanders
09-29-2008, 09:38 AM
(y) you are welcome.

ClarkB
10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I have the same issue but here's a work around. My phone still follows links in emails or in memos so I have created and saved as a draft an email with the URL's I use. Once I click the link then I can use the "G" get to the go to window. Write a memo and list the URL's the same way. It's almost more convenient to get on the internet through an email or memo.

ClarkB