PDA

View Full Version : Help with 8120 OS

laurag84
09-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Firstly, I'm sorry if I should be posting this somewhere else...

Secondly, I'm using an unlocked BB Pearl 8120 from the Carphone Warehouse, and my sim card is T-Mobile UK. My BB has OS 4.3.0.67.

I really want to unlock the vendor themes, and I've tried following all of the instructions, but I think what I'm missing is the OS on my laptop. Does anyone know where I can download 4.3.0.67, as I can't seem to find it anywhere? Or is it worth me upgrading my OS? Or is that loads of hassle?

Apologies for the multiple questions, I'm fairly tech-savvy, so not being able to figure something out drives me insane! :cry:

Thanks everyone!

x

Moonshadow
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (8130)

I think it is worth the upgrade. Follow the links and instructions for your Device and download the most recent OS. Install on your PC and then upgrade. You may also want to upgrade your DM in the process.

When you get the upgraded OS installed on your PC you can edit the blackberry.alx file to ensure you get the themes you want. There are many threads that explain how to do that.

laurag84
09-30-2008, 03:17 AM
Thanks for your reply Moonshadow. Are there any precautions I need to take before upgrading, such as a backup etc?