PDA

View Full Version : E-mails not being Marked "Read" on Blackberry when Read in Outlook

bigduds4
10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Ok, I am accessing my Microsoft Exchange E-mail via BIS and that is working fine for forwarding the messages. Mail is coming to my BB 8310 Curve just fine.

When I read my mail on my BB it is marked as "Read" in Outlook, but not vice versa. That is, reading mail in Outlook will NOT mark the message "Read" on the BB. If I Delete the item from my Outlook Inbox, it will Delete from the BB Inbox, but I cannot get items to be marked as read on the BB when they are read in Outlook.

Wireless Reconcile is set to "ON", Delete On is set to Mailbox & Handheld, On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins. Using the "Reconcile Now" does not fix this issue either.

It is getting annoying having to go through and re-open all these e-mails on my BB despite reading them in Outlook.

Is there a solution here or am I stuck?

tpoon
10-01-2008, 01:45 PM
BlackBerry Search Results (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13509&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=27503494&stateId=0%200%2027501631)

wireless read/unread from outlook is not supported.

bigduds4
10-01-2008, 02:18 PM
That says that it DOES support Wireless Read/Unread

Dubdub
10-01-2008, 03:22 PM
You do not get email sync using BIS, wireless or otherwise. You need either BES or a hosted BES for that.