PDA

View Full Version : Marking Calendar private

GoFrogs
09-13-2005, 09:26 AM
I did a search and can't get the answer I am looking for (or I am Search-Challenged!). I have been using my 7100 for 2 months and syncing my address book with Notes.

What I want to do now is to backup my calendar. I assume the easiest way is to sync with Notes, but I don't want my personal appointments on my Public corporate calendar. I was thinking I could mark them as private but then it still shows my time busy, which is ok I guess, but if it shows too much private time scheduled, it looks like I'm not doing my job! I not trying to hide anything, just have things that I do for the company that I don't want all of my peers knowing that I'm doing.

Any solutions/suggestions?

GoFrogs
09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
bump

mgerbasio
09-13-2005, 10:02 PM
I think the problem is that you need to be running v4 of BES. I asked the same question a while back and I think that was the response. It might have been on howardforums if not here.

Regards-Michael G.

GoFrogs
09-14-2005, 05:15 AM
I think the problem is that you need to be running v4 of BES. I asked the same question a while back and I think that was the response. It might have been on howardforums if not here.

Regards-Michael G.
Thanks Michael. Actually I'm not on BES, but by Notes Calendar is a public within Notes. Maybe it is something I need to do on the Notes side, don't know though. Just didn't want to sync up all my data and then have to go into Notes and "delete" all my private stuff.

GoFrogs
09-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Never really got an answer on how to make some of my appointments not show on the Synced directory, but when I was messing with Blackberry desktop, I realized that I could just backup my calendar. That at least solved my immediate concern of losing everything. Just thought I would put this on here in case someone searched in the future. If anyone knows how to make private calendar entries not sync, that would be awesome. Thanks,