PDA

View Full Version : Verizon 7250 vs. Treo 650

vandykenf3
09-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Hi, I currently have a Treo 650 with Verizon. I am experiencing problems with the reception in areas where I had good reception with previous Verizon phones.

Does anyone know how the 7250's reception is compared to the Treo? I had the 7520 when I had Nextel, and the reception was remarkable compared to other Nextel phones.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

fireman
09-13-2005, 12:33 PM
I use the 7250 on the VZW network and have no problems with reception. I travel the upper Mid-West and used to use a Moto V710. I even had good reception w/ only 1 bar.

huckster
09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
I switched from the 650 to 7250...best decision ever. I can actually use my 7250 in my house now.......

John S
09-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I see no diference in reception between my Blackberry 7250 (verizon) and my old Nokia 3589i. I still have the same bad spots!

vandykenf3
09-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

well I think that I may make the switch. I believe that I have 15 days to return the treo.

How does the 7250 compare to the Treo in regards of internet, email, and SMS?

When I had the 7520 with Nextel, I wasn't able to receive pictures unless I had B.E.S. Is that the case with the 7250? Do I have to get webviewer to view HTML internet. Those were my only complaints when I had a BB with Nextel.

KonTiki
09-13-2005, 06:50 PM
With OS 4.o i can view pictures with no problem and I am on BWC not BES. And you can also view HTML right of the bat. No regrets from this 7250 user.

vandykenf3
09-14-2005, 09:41 AM
What about SMS? Do other users send the messages directly to your 10-digit phone number, or do they send it to your blackberry e-mail address?

I just searched through this forum and there is alot of good information about this device. But I read alot of information stating that the devices didnt come with an internet browser intitially unless you subscribed to a BES. Was this just when the device was first shipped?

ace_2005
09-14-2005, 03:55 PM
This is not the forum to get the comparison that you need. They are 99.999% pro Blackberry. I would make sure that you have all the updated software for your device. I have never heard of it not being a great phone. Coupled with Goodlink you will have an awesome device that is changind the face of this market. I still manage BB's but many of my users will be phased out as we get the resources to do so.

Mark Rejhon
09-15-2005, 11:52 AM
What about SMS? Do other users send the messages directly to your 10-digit phone number, or do they send it to your blackberry e-mail address?

I just searched through this forum and there is alot of good information about this device. But I read alot of information stating that the devices didnt come with an internet browser intitially unless you subscribed to a BES. Was this just when the device was first shipped?There's a web browser now to my knowledge. (Yes for my Rogers, they introduced the full HTML browser to non-BES users less than 2 years ago. I think the same is now true for Verizon). And yes, you can send SMS directly on the 7250.

There is treocentral.com for Treo info, but I will have to say that, overall, I really prefer the 2005-era BlackBerries (the 7250, the 7520, and the 7290) over the Treo 600/650 for overall communications needs.

kitmoni
09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Vandy, you can check out a connection I did for a separate thread here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showpost.php?p=82195&postcount=9

Short version - the Blackberry is a much more solid device that the Treo. I'm quite happy I made the switch...

Dawg
09-15-2005, 01:21 PM
ace_2005 I wonder why we are 99% blackberry maybe because its a blackberry forum? I was a die hard palm treo guy I wouldnt ever consider going back

BigJay.Inc
09-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Treo's are gabbbbage in my opinion....I support both Treos and Blackberry's from Cingular/Verizon and I live by the blackberry....for business purposes the blackberry wins hands down, no competition. My job ordered me a Treo and i had them cancel the order immediately after i found out, so they got a 7290 instead.....so far so good....and i still have my 7520....to sum it up, BLACKBERRY all day..

GeekOfFury
09-15-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm typically a lurker, but just had to respond to this thread...

I decided to make the switch from T-Mobile to Verizon last Saturday, specifically for the Treo 650. Monday evening after work, I stopped by the store to exchange my Treo for the BB 7250. Why?

1. Most of my friends on Verizon tell me the network is rock solid in the Chicagoland area, but my Treo was dropping calls left and right. One of those calls was even made in the Verizon store.

2. SMS messages were being sent twice by the device. I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon support trying to determine the cause of this problem. The issue got escalated a few times and I did some troubleshooting with an engineer. He eventually determined that the device itself was duplicating messages and said I could exchange it at the store. Btw, all of the support people I spoke to were very friendly and helpful in resolving this issue.

3. Versamail wasn't working the way I wanted it to. I scoured forums for settings to check my Gmail wirelessly, but none seemed to work. When I synced with my computer via USB cable, Versamail still was not able to download anything from my Gmail account.

4. My Jabra bluetooth headset could not maintain a connection with the Treo. It would constantly disconnect and not be found again.

After having all of these problems and more, I decided to just pass on the Treo and exchanged it for a 7250. I have NONE of these issues with my Blackberry and have really been enjoying using it. In fact, I'm using it enough to make me think that 10MB of data is not enough and I may switch back to T-Mobile to get the less expensive unlimited data plan. FYI, I was a Palm user several years ago, switched to Pocket PC, and now I'm using the Blackberry. I absolutely love how this device integrates everything I use so well. Now I just need to learn all the shortcuts so I can do things more quickly... :smile: