PDA

View Full Version : SOS?!? i dont know why it says that!

tporath
10-02-2008, 08:33 AM
i recently got as blackberry 8700 c from work and i used an unlock chip to use it for tmobile. some one told me to download the update for tmobile so that it is a tmobile phone. but when i did thata few mins later the service bars say SOS! i dont know why! and now when i turn it on it says i have service for a minute or two and then it goes back to SOS can some one tell me what to do!

juwaack68
10-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan from T-Mobile?

Did your work provide this BlackBerry to you, or did you purchase it and plan to use it for your work email?

tporath
10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
no i dont have a data plan but it worked for me for about 3 days, at my work we deal with repo cars and what not and i found it in there so i get to keep any thing we find. nice yes but not now!

juwaack68
10-02-2008, 08:56 AM
It probably worked until the person you took it from had their service cancelled.

Now you have to call T-Mobile and have a BlackBerry data plan put on the phone so that it will work again.

tporath
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
well thank you!

cctraderx
10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
With SOS the phone part doesn't work either - the previous user turned the entire phone off. If you want service as a phone you will need a phone plan. If you want data, you will need a data plan and if you want both - you'll need to add both.

The phone was not the op's originally and you are just using a phone you found.

CO_BBTechie
10-02-2008, 12:28 PM
no i dont have a data plan but it worked for me for about 3 days, at my work we deal with repo cars and what not and i found it in there so i get to keep any thing we find. nice yes but not now!

And we are helping this person why? Did you at least try to track down the original owner? Or is this simply a case of finders keepers.

juwaack68
10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
we deal with repo cars and what not and i found it in there so i get to keep any thing we find.

Sounds like they don't care that the device wasn't repo'd, but rather the car.

I would also wager money that the OP's post count will stay at 3. That is, won't bother to come back.

CO_BBTechie
10-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I'd be curious to know exactly which state it is that you operate in, where it's legal to keep a debtor's belongings that just happened to be in the vehicle, when a 3rd party takes possession on behalf of the creditor. Real stand-up operation.

juwaack68
10-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Agreed. I did get some satisfaction that the device was working (obviously active under the person it was taken from) and then got cut off after a few days.

I hope the person it was taken from reported the IMEI lost or stolen and it cannot be reused.

tporath
10-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I'd be curious to know exactly which state it is that you operate in, where it's legal to keep a debtor's belongings that just happened to be in the vehicle, when a 3rd party takes possession on behalf of the creditor. Real stand-up operation.

if the people want anything they left, the car sits for about two months. in that time you can call and have anything mailed back to you. most people dont bother calling at all. we could keep it in the cars. then the detailers throw it all away. either way if they dont do something about it in two months it is gone. maybe they should of paid their car payments!

jsconyers
10-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I would also wager money that the OP's post count will stay at 3. That is, won't bother to come back.

Good thing you didn't wager that money :razz:

CO_BBTechie
10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
How odd... that the original owner left the device active with his/her carrier for "about 2 months," plus 3 days....Seems like perhaps in this particular case, the device may have found its way out of said vehicle prior to "sitting for about 2 months."

tporath
10-06-2008, 01:11 PM
so the funny thing is that i got it working again all i had to do was but a new unlock chip for my sim. no data plan or anything it turned out that my chip was broken.