PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to get a BlackBerry from Sprint w/o data plan?

tball1234
10-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm getting a new sprint within the next few days. I really like the design of the BlackBerry Curve 8330 and just the phone in general is a good phone, but I don't need internet and email. I'm in college and can't afford the extra $39.99. I already have unlimited text and picture mail on my plan. I know that everyone says that the blackberry is nothing without the data plan and that if I'm worried about the price I shouldn't get a BlackBerry but I want one anyways. In conclusion I was wondering if there was anyway for me to get a Sprint BlackBerry without getting a data plan that will set me back so much or if I have to get a data plan?

I have heard something about if you get a vision plan they aren't as expensive and you can use those but I'm not positive on what that is about.

juwaack68
10-03-2008, 01:55 PM
It's my understanding that Sprint won't activate a BlackBerry w/o a BlackBerry data plan.

The BIS (personal only BB data plan) is $30/mo, but still may be more than you can afford. This plan includes unlimited email, internet, Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, Sprint Radio, and text messaging.

Sith_Apprentice
10-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Verizon is the only major carrier that REQUIRES a data plan. The everything plans on sprint include the BB data plan already, but they have other plans that do not include it.