PDA

View Full Version : Issues with BES and Devices

dgregait-21stsystems
10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
This is a repost from the general area, looking for more Server side help,

I am receiving the following error in the event log on my BES.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: BlackBerry Messaging Agent CCI-EXCHANGE Agent 1
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20265
Date: 10/1/2008
Time: 7:16:41 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CCI-EXCHANGE
Description:
{user@<hidden>} MAPIMailbox::Send(ppMAPIMessage) - SubmitMessage (0x80070005) failed

Followed by,

Event ID: 20472
Time: 7:16:42 AM
Description:
{user@<hidden>} Send() failed: ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL, Tag=3804

We have seen these error's at random. and there is no pattern to users, time, or date. a user might have an issue one day, then the next (with nothing being done to the server) it works. This also goes the other direction a user was working fine yesterday, today now has an issue sending. again no changes made to the server or AD.

Blackberry server 4.1.6, I applied MR for SP6 last night.
ALL user permissions are in place and have not changed. (I have verified that the send-as permission is still in each AD account.)

The users at random currently get a red X while sending, "Desktop Email program unable to submit message".

As an example, The above error message happened at 7:21am this morning. I just took the users device and successfully sent myself a test message. I then RESENT the message that failed at 7:21 this morning and it also was delivered with no issue. again, between 7:21 and now we have made NO changes to the BES, Exchange, or AD. NO services stopped and started, NO server reboots, Nothing.

I have been working with BEs for over 5 years now and have never seen anything so random. If has any idea's that would be great. I am currently going to install the software on a different server to see if maybe it is the blackberry server software itself.

Also to note, I have gone through all of microsofts "protected groups" and no users or groups that the users are in are members of a protected group. Nothing I have found points to a permissions issue.

Anything anyone can come up with would be of great help at this point.
Dan

Frank Castle
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Sounds like their over their mailbox limit.

dgregait-21stsystems
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
The exchange store has no limits set that I can find. The mailbox sizes of the BES users range from 600MB to 7+GB.

I know, I know, 7+GB.. I can't them to let me clean this crap up.

The suers having issues are random, and run the mailbox size between these 2 points.

Frank Castle
10-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Did you run IEMTest against the users mailbox from the BES?

Possible there was no data coverage?

dgregait-21stsystems
10-06-2008, 03:16 PM
I have not, but will run that test. My question though, if there was no data coverage, would we see the below error message in the event log on the BES server?

Event ID: 20265
Time: 7:16:41 AM
Description:
{user@<hidden>} MAPIMailbox::Send(ppMAPIMessage) - SubmitMessage (0x80070005) failed

I would think that seeing this error means that the device was indeed in contact with the server and with that, had a data signal. But I will do a check with that IEMTest and see what I can find.

dgregait-21stsystems
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Again I am very greatful for any and All thoughts, something might come up that I hadn't tryied or thought of.

dgregait-21stsystems
10-06-2008, 03:25 PM
IEMSTest was successfully for all BES users. I will attempt to monitor the logs and run this test on any user that fails to send a message.

Blargosaurus
10-13-2008, 12:00 PM
We're having the exact same issue with one user on a BPS. In our case we have Exchange 2007 on a separate server and BPS is running on Server 2003. The issue started to occur randomly last week.

We saw some TLS errors on the Exchange server and disabled it on all connectors which seemed to clear up the issue for one day. The next day he was unable to send again, though.

Anxious to hear if you have made any progress as we're stumped.