PDA

View Full Version : Changes to weather.com? PocketDay and BBToday not updating

JMF0
09-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Early this morning (approx 2am CT) both PocketDay and BBToday's weather and stock updates stopped working and have since returned a "Bad DNS" error each time they auto update and/or I manually update. Not sure if this is from the weather.com feeds they use or something to do with my wireless provider, T-Mobile....Up to this point these weather and stock updates have always worked...Any other's with a similar issue?

THX
jeff

P.S. - I sent Mark at Cross River Systems who developed PocketDay a note to check on this as well....

NJBlackBerry
09-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Both my weather and stock updates are working fine. Are you using BES? If not, have you double checked the TCP settings on the BlackBerry.

JMF0
09-14-2005, 12:59 PM
No BES and I have not made any changes in the settings on my BB
TCP is set to wap.voicestream.com

Unless T-Mobile made changes over night to the WAP gateway??

Anyone?

crs
09-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Working fine here at Cross River Systems...usually this is a carrier issue that will get resolved by itself.

KonTiki
09-14-2005, 04:13 PM
It happens to me almost daily and after i reconcile now it fixes itself.

winmaw
09-15-2005, 07:23 PM
No BES and I have not made any changes in the settings on my BB
TCP is set to wap.voicestream.com

Unless T-Mobile made changes over night to the WAP gateway??

Anyone?

JMFO,

Pull out the battery and reset it. It will work.

CodyMac
09-16-2005, 04:04 PM
My stocks haven't been working for a few days...

?????

crs
09-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Reset your BB firewall. Go to the main BB screen then options then Firewall. Reset from the menu and then pop the battery out.

Mark

Dusty Saddle
09-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Reset your BB firewall. Go to the main BB screen then options then Firewall. Reset from the menu and then pop the battery out.

Mark
Mark,

Did you ever find out what causes the Weather, stocks and news to stop working. Mine was out again today and resetting the firewall and taking our the battery fixed it again, but what causes it in the first place? I noticed that when mine was out, the 7250 did not show any transmit/receive arrows when trying to update. The browser worked fine and I continued to get email.

CodyMac
09-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Mark,

Did you ever find out what causes the Weather, stocks and news to stop working. Mine was out again today and resetting the firewall and taking our the battery fixed it again, but what causes it in the first place? I noticed that when mine was out, the 7250 did not show any transmit/receive arrows when trying to update. The browser worked fine and I continued to get email.

Same here. One or the other stops working daily, now, and the only way to "kick-start" them is to do the battery thing...

JMF0
09-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Curious are you all on T-Mobile or other carriers....I have not experienced the issue since I originally posted. I am on T-Mobile. THX - jeff

alonesoul@mail.com
09-22-2005, 12:20 PM
I am on Nextel and have no problems. Just checked and its up to date

Dusty Saddle
09-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Curious are you all on T-Mobile or other carriers....I have not experienced the issue since I originally posted. I am on T-Mobile. THX - jeff
I'm on Verizon.

crs
09-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Dusty,

No reason, it's some internal Blackberry thing. After a bit some devices just get confused and give up. You may not need to pop the battery, just try exiting PocketDay and resetting the firewall.

Mark

NEX-TEL
09-22-2005, 02:00 PM
I am on Nextel and have no problems. Just checked and its up to date

All I get is java.io.IOException: Unable toopen conn....

Can anyone out there help?

Chris