PDA

View Full Version : Problems selecting redirection folders

tpost
09-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Please help. I'm having trouble setting which folders in Outlook I want Redirector to forward messages from. I have a BB 7100t and am running Desktop Redirector on my desktop PC with my company's Exchange server.

I need to forward messages from a folder that is a sub-folder of my Outlook (2000 SR-1) Inbox. Everything I've read says this is possible!

Within the Blackberry Desktop Manager --> Redirector Settings --> Advanced --> Folder Redirection, I choose Selected Folder and then hit Select Folders. Within the Choose Folder dialog box, I indeed do get a list of all of my sub-Inbox folders, but there are no check boxes next to them to select. I can highlight a folder name (one at a time), but when I click OK, it warns me that no folders have been chosen, and email will not be forwarded to my handheld.

I've checked forums, FAQs, and Google, but cannot find anyone else reporting this problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

lynchmv
09-29-2005, 09:13 AM
If you're not using an MS Exchange server (like me) I don't think you can use the redirector to select specific folders to forward to the BB. Instead, from the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, select 'Redirector Settings' and set up your forwarding needs from the 'Filters' tab.

For instance: (after getting to the 'Filters' tab as mentioned above)

Suppose I want all mails from wife@<hidden>, boss@<hidden> and manager@<hidden> to go to my BB, but all others to stay put. Create a new filter (click on 'New) give it a name 'Wife Filter' check the box 'From:' and put in wife@<hidden> make sure that 'Forward message to the handheld' is selected then click 'OK'. Do the same for boss@<hidden> and manager@<hidden> then here is the important step. Still in the 'Redirector Settings' dialogue, below the filter names there is a box 'When none of the above rules apply' - select the "Don't forward messages to the handheld" then 'Apply' 'OK' and you *should* start getting just the emails you want sent to your BB.

Hope this helps!