PDA

View Full Version : Alt-escape taskbar

cynewulf
09-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Hello-

I am a Blackberry Nextel newbie, and I have a question for everyone.

I know that when you hold the alt and escape keys, a taskbar list of applications appears. I only have 4 in the list. I have looked everywhere to find how I can add or delete the applications that appear here.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thank you!

Chip

Dawg
09-15-2005, 08:53 AM
you cant add anything to it its a RIM developed menu and not editable

Dusty Saddle
09-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Hello-

I am a Blackberry Nextel newbie, and I have a question for everyone.

I know that when you hold the alt and escape keys, a taskbar list of applications appears. I only have 4 in the list. I have looked everywhere to find how I can add or delete the applications that appear here.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thank you!

Chip
Chip, You add to the list by opening a new program. When you close the program it is removed from the list. The 4 that remain are programs that are always on - your Home Screen, Browser, Phone and Mail.

Nextel User
09-15-2005, 03:27 PM
it is the same as alt+tab in windows. it will show you the open programs only

cohiba smoker
09-15-2005, 06:47 PM

If you alt-tab back to the home screen, you can open multiple apps, which will be on the alt-tab list. It isn't limited to only 4 apps. Mine typicallly has 6-7.

rondon
09-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Anyone have tips on what softwares are essential for the blackberry 7520. Send me a pin message or contact me on blackberry messenger! 400b9607

Nextel User
09-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel User

cohiba smoker
{If you alt-tab back to the home screen, you can open multiple apps, which will be on the alt-tab list. It isn't limited to only 4 apps. Mine typicallly has 6-7.}

what the **** does this have to do with the thread? he asked how to put more programs in there. he did not understand the feature. his question was answered in various ways.... open other programs and they will appear on the list,... i explained what the feature was....
Please read all the posts before you attempt to make others look stupid.

:oops:

wuberry
09-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I didn't know about this shortcut, so I tried it ... twice.

Both times I saw the taskbar but the BB (7290 on a BES, using OS 4.0) completely locked up. Nothing I tried resulted in any response -- the taskbar just stayed on the screen. I removed and replaced the battery and that brought the BB back to life. That happened both times.

I assume I'm just doing something wrong when I see the taskbar. Any help or advice would be great.

Many thanks!

kjaslow
09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
If you install Messenger, this will also stay open at all times... Alt+ESC {followed by more ESC's} will scroll through the list. Another way to scroll through the list is to Alt+Esc once and without releasing the ALT key, roll the wheel. When you release the Alt key, you'll switch to the application that was selected when you let go...

Thom_Scott
03-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Question was not really answered above, and I am looking for the same answer....
One of our remote users no longer has the internet browser on his BB desktop. Had him run through the Register Now procedure, and try a hard reset, but neither added the icon back to the desktop. The only way that he can reach the internet is via the taskbar. The fact that he can reach it tells me all is working well with the BB......I just need to know how to get the icon back on the desktop without getting to technical for the user-he is not that technically savvy.

Pizzle
03-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Are they on BES? If so, have them re-Enterprise Activate.

John Clark
03-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Question was not really answered above, and I am looking for the same answer....
One of our remote users no longer has the internet browser on his BB desktop. Had him run through the Register Now procedure, and try a hard reset, but neither added the icon back to the desktop. The only way that he can reach the internet is via the taskbar. The fact that he can reach it tells me all is working well with the BB......I just need to know how to get the icon back on the desktop without getting to technical for the user-he is not that technically savvy.
I hate to state the obvious....but the icon isn't hidden, is it?

Thom_Scott
03-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Nope, not hidden. I will have him try the Enterprise Activation though.

Thom_Scott
03-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Not thinking.....we are not on wireless reconciliation, so this did not work....