PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Query!!!!

Denis1982
10-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi,
I am in Fiji and we use BES provided by Vodafone Fiji. I work for a law firm and one of our partners is in Argentina right now for a conference. Vodafone Fiji does not have a data agreement with any Mobile providers in Argentina so he does not have access to his emails.
Here is what I want to do to give him access to his emails on his bb. Can anyone tell me if there are any problems with this scenario?

'll tell him to rent a local(Argentinian) blackberry and get a local sim that has blackberry services initialised on it. I'll tell him to get a BIS service over in argentina. This will mean that he will get a mobile email account. I will set up our exchange server to forward all copies of his emails to this mobile email account in Argentina.

will this work? It seems fine to me but maybe I'm missing something.

Very grateful for any replies.

Thanks

Denis

Redflea
10-11-2008, 08:35 PM
It should work fine...if he has a way to access an email account to which his work email is forwarded, he should be able to read/reply on the BB or just from any computer.

He can set up a Gmail account and adjust the "Reply From" setting to make it look like replies are coming from his work email.

I forward emails from my home account on Road Runner to a Gmail account that I have set up and access from my BB. Reply from on the Gmail account is set to the Road Runner account. Works fine for me.

raja_3012
10-11-2008, 11:53 PM
It should work fine...if he has a way to access an email account to which his work email is forwarded, he should be able to read/reply on the BB or just from any computer.

He can set up a Gmail account and adjust the "Reply From" setting to make it look like replies are coming from his work email.

I forward emails from my home account on Road Runner to a Gmail account that I have set up and access from my BB. Reply from on the Gmail account is set to the Road Runner account. Works fine for me.

I think it should also work for BlackBerry email ids specific to a particular operator. e.g. xxxx@<hidden>. Meaning one can setup "Sent From" and "Reply To" from the mobile operator specific blackberry address. Sometimes IT organizations consider forwarding official mails to internet mail address's like gmail as a threat to information security.

UncleMike
10-12-2008, 08:28 AM

I'm not sure if changing the Reply To address accounts for this or not, but if not I would recommend setting up the Auto BCC feature on the local account, so that all messages sent from the rented device also appear in the user's primary mailbox for future reference.