PDA

View Full Version : Theme Requests

Sy4
10-12-2008, 04:19 PM
There seems to be an influx of these request for various models.

This is indeed a good thing. However, I do think there needs to be a sections within BBF which allows for this, based on certain criteria.

I'm more than happy to make these themes for people, but not for free. I would assume, it's the same for the other Themer's within BBF.

So, may I suggest some sort of pricing structure? Something where people can bid, within reason, for developing the themes that people want?

Thoughts, comments and such appreciated?

Cheers
Matt

ctibbsaz
10-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I think I have run across something like that and agree would be helpful if it was a sticky so that there are not so many posts. I also would not have a problem doing this and helping people with themes they are looking for. They could submit the criteria and go from there.

For example:
Theme Type: Bottom Zen, Zen, Custom with Icons on the right or animated etc.
Wallpaper wanted: Dolphins, Redskins, USMC or whatever (submit your pics if you already have some picked out) You would also describe where you wanted pics, home, lock screen etc.
Blackberry Model: 8320
Operating System: 4.5

Not sure what else but that is what I can I think of right now, any suggestions or additions to what else would be great.

TroyDBrown
10-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I think theme developers have forgotten people user Pearls....... Also I would be willing to pay for quality themes.

ctibbsaz
10-12-2008, 04:45 PM
That is not a problem there, would have no issue building pearl themes. Big thing now is I don't have a way to host the OTA, but would be willing to email alx files.

Sy4
10-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I can probably sort something out on BlackberryThemes.us for hosting ALX and JAD file for OTA :)

The point of this thread, is more to facilitate something for people that want themes devised for their handsets.

In fairness most themes do take the developer time. And typically, he/she will develop for their own platform. To develop for additional platforms takes time. Therefore, some kind of financial remitance would be nice *shrugs* even if it's a buck or two.

ctibbsaz
10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=Sy4;1134051]I can probably sort something out on BlackberryThemes.us for hosting ALX and JAD file for OTA :)/QUOTE]
That would be great (y)
And I agree with you 100%

slmoney
10-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I think theme developers have forgotten people user Pearls....... Also I would be willing to pay for quality themes.

they still sell pearls? lol

BCollins521
10-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey Troy, I try and release all my themes for Pearls...can't say I forget about ya!

TroyDBrown
10-12-2008, 08:32 PM
they still sell pearls? lol

Yes they do! ;-) I can't wait to see some great 9500 themes!