PDA

View Full Version : The Curve 8330 4.3 Vs. 4.5

MICP1480
10-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Lets get down to the nuts and bolts of this. it seems this topic is spread all over the place. I have heard nothing but problems with upgrading from the 4.3 to the 4.5. I want to hear from everyone what problems you have encounter, and then I want to hear about all the added advantages. I appreciate everyone's feed back. I think this is going to benefit everyone if we just but all the negatives and positives together in one area so people like myself can make a rightful decision to upgrade or not. Thank you again.

MICP 1480
:bb:

soupandsandwich
10-13-2008, 11:47 AM
This has been discussed to death already. No need to start yet another thread with the same information.
A little due diligence is required on your part here. Read through all the previous posts about OS 4.5, and you'll find the information you're looking for.
It's not hard to find.

JSanders
10-13-2008, 11:48 AM
I have heard nothing but problems with upgrading from the 4.3 to the 4.5.
I have read many more successful upgrader reviews than those those who had glitches--and 90% of the glitches are questions and failures of the user to remove the vendor.xml file.

I want to hear from everyone what problems you have encounter, and then I want to hear about all the added advantages. I appreciate everyone's feed back. I think this is going to benefit everyone if we just but all the negatives and positives together in one area so people like myself can make a rightful decision to upgrade or not. Thank you again.

We have dozens of threads with these comments, all of the 4.5 upgrade threads detail these comments you are looking for.

dfw_atm
10-14-2008, 09:56 AM
I have the 8330 Curve on Verizon but they officially don't support anything higher than v4.3

Would upgrading to 4.5 cause any general issues since they don't "officially" support v4.5?

soupandsandwich
10-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Would upgrading to 4.5 cause any general issues since they don't "officially" support v4.5?

Maybe.
If you need their support for anything, just downgrade to 4.3 first.

ctibbsaz
10-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I am relatively new to the BB world and upgraded both my wife and I's 8320's and have been nothing but delighted with the new 4.5 OS. We have had no issues whatsoever and I have read this forum from top to bottom and even tried to reproduce some of the issues others have encountered to no success. So my recommendation is GO FOR IT!! Worse case scenario you revert back to the old OS.

JSanders
10-14-2008, 01:26 PM
I love the can-do attitude. (y)

A Marine trait?