PDA

View Full Version : View filtered messages?

Dean1424
10-15-2008, 12:25 AM
I have a user who claims that they did not receive an email on the 8800, yet it was proven that it was in fact in the user's outlook inbox. I have checked and the redirection is enabled, and the user has no filters setup.

I show that the user has 25 filtered messages. Is there any way to view these messages from the BES? I would like to see if perhaps the message that he did not receive is in the filtered messages. Does anyone know a way to view these?

knottyrope
10-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Might be the device ran out of memory and cleaned it self up.

fadmin
10-16-2008, 09:35 AM
maybe that user is high? :-) Was redirection enabled before or after filter setup?

Dean1424
10-20-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't know about high, but CEO's do have a tendency to overlook things like deleting emails from devices when it is convenient for them.

Redirection was enabled, there were no filters-that i could see, and the user was getting other email on the device. Just not the one that he "needed" at that point in time. THe email was in his inbox in outlook,just not on the blackberry. Do you know if there are any tools out there that will let you see the status of the messages or where they have gone?

juwaack68
10-20-2008, 08:11 PM
You can use the BlackBerry Resource Kit (BRK) to run a lot of different diagnostics against the log files.