PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Wheel Broke

skalover89
10-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Hey guys I've been a long time lurker here and have a question for ya. I have an original T-Mobile 8100 Pearl that I gave to my sister after I bought my 8310 curve off of ebay. She mentioned that the circle around the scroll wheel ball was coming off. Her solution to this was to superglue it back on. The first time she did this was fine but the next time she had to do it broke the scroll wheel. It no longer scrolls up or to the left, right and down still works. I have the device under insurance still since I think officially it's still my phone under T-Mobile even though I unlocked that 8310. I'm trying to file a claim online and one question is "Did the device come into contact with any liquid that damaged the device?". I'm not sure how to answer this question. The glue was liquid until it dried obviously, but it's not like I dropped it in a puddle of water that broke it. I don't want to unintentionally file a fraudulent claim. I just want to get it fixed. What are your suggestions? Should I try to take it apart and clean off the glue? Worse case scenario is that I just recycle the phone or trade it in as non-working even though it works fine, but not the scrolling. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

ezrunner
10-15-2008, 07:55 PM
buy a new trackball they are very cheap

www.horizonwirelessonilne.com