PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do. Password issue.

major2829
10-15-2008, 08:22 PM
As soon as I got my phone I put a password on it and have had no problems. It is a 4 digit code.

I finally got around to loading up the software on my computer. When I connected the phone to the USB/compter I was asked to put in my device password.

I have done that and it is NOT accepting it. I am at 9 out of 10 times and know that I am screwed if I hit it again.

What do I do?

TroyDBrown
10-15-2008, 08:27 PM
You either have to enter it correctly or on 10 it deletes there is NO other option. Can you enter the password correctly on your phone?

juwaack68
10-15-2008, 08:28 PM
When you enter the password on your device, do you hold down the ALT key? If so, you may have numbers in it instead of letters (if you think it's letters).

soupandsandwich
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Disconnect the BlackBerry from your computer and enter the correct password on the device, since you know that it works.

That will at least give you another 10 tries entering the password on your PC when you hook it up next and give you a chance to figure out what you're doing wrong.

On the device, is your password numeric or alphanumeric?
If numeric, are you holding down the ALT key to type the numbers?

major2829
10-15-2008, 08:39 PM
I am putting it in the way I always have. Everytime my phone sits for an hour I put the password in. Now, when I go to put it in, it comes up as letters, instead of numbers. I switched this to numbers, and it is still not accepting it.

When I plugged in to the computer, the phone kept saying "mass media storage" yes or no. I said yes.

Are you saying that there is nothing I can do? There is no way to reset this? I am on the 9th try. I don't want to risk the same thing happening and then I am completely screwed.

Can I take it to ATT? Can I call someone?

I just don't understand this.

rachamphetamine
10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Are you saying that there is nothing I can do? There is no way to reset this?

No, there is no way to reset it. It's the BlackBerry's security system at work.

major2829
10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Disconnect the BlackBerry from your computer and enter the correct password on the device, since you know that it works.

That will at least give you another 10 tries entering the password on your PC when you hook it up next and give you a chance to figure out what you're doing wrong.

On the device, is your password numeric or alphanumeric?
If numeric, are you holding down the ALT key to type the numbers?

I did that and now its not taking it on the device! Both are at 9/10.

juwaack68
10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Did you disconnect it from the PC and enter the password? When you enter the password on the device, do you hold down the ALT key?

major2829
10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Did you disconnect it from the PC and enter the password? When you enter the password on the device, do you hold down the ALT key?

Before it came up as **** when I popped in my numbers.

Now letters are showing. I hit the ALT button to type in the numbers and now I am at "last attempt, info. will be wiped."

Obviously that means all info. will be lost. Does that mean the phone will work then and I can put in all of my numbers again and it will work fine?

juwaack68
10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Yes, just the data will be wiped and you can set it up again. Do you have a backup?

major2829
10-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't have much information to lose other than numbers. When I purchased the phone I was told that my iphone numbers would transfer. I tried it but did not do it correctly.

Can this be done? If so can anyone offer assistance? Tx.