PDA

View Full Version : HSPDA Modem via Bluetooth

MobileMind
10-16-2008, 03:20 PM
I have a Bold which I run in an Enterprise environment - we use BES 4.1.5.

On an open policy I have had no problem running the HSPDA Modem over bluetooth. Although my laptop seems to have set a upper speed limit of about 1 MB rather than the possible 3MB. Does any body know what the crucial registration settings are in Windows XP for raising the upper limits of the connection speed on the laptop side

I have set an Internet policy which disallows download of third party apps, routes traffic through my BES and a Proxy server and limits discoverable mode to 2 mins. But even though in Bluetooth policy group , disable dial up networking is set to false I have no visibility of the dial up networking protocol on the list of available bluetooth protocols for the device. Is there another setting on the policy I need to be aware of to allow use of the dial up networking for a bluetooth modem. I can see and use this protocol on my open plicy but not on the INternet policy. Whats the missing setting here?

CornerCarver
10-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Which version of bluetooth is your laptop using? The latest one, v2.0 (and 2.1) can only go up to 2.0Mbps--in theory, under perfect condition. It can be a limiting factor. Other limiting factor is signal strength, and the time of day that you are using it. Several people on here, including myself, have reach 2.4Mbps and higher, but only by using USB (which has 480Mbps bandwidth limit).

sajjadahmad
10-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi

I have bold with me and trying to configure it with my Vista Biz Laptop to use as MODEM , using BIS plans Unlimited EDGE / GPRS to use on my Laptop,
Can some one help me with configuration? Local Operator said blackberry not spported for Vista ?

akc786
10-22-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm using Bold as modem with my laptop on Mobilink and it's working great.

Mobilink provided me the settings for that. You should ask Warid, they must be having settings.

Hi

I have bold with me and trying to configure it with my Vista Biz Laptop to use as MODEM , using BIS plans Unlimited EDGE / GPRS to use on my Laptop,
Can some one help me with configuration? Local Operator said blackberry not spported for Vista ?