PDA

View Full Version : can't install/unistall desktop manger

losfreddy
10-18-2008, 03:43 PM
program 4.3 for desktop manger of curve i downloaded apparently cancled thru installation. I attempted to unistall it thru what i have read on fourms but it say it cant locate file Desktop Manager Software.msi for 4.3.

I used to have a pearl and the old program worked. IDK if it interfered. I deleted files manualy and i think thats why Desktop Manager Software isn't in the temporary files.

I've tried to unistall and finish installing the conventional way and tried to install 4.5 and the old version and both have error messages saying 'wizard was interupted before blackberry desktop software could be installed. your system has not been modified. to complete installation at another time, please run set up again.'

this phone an computer become obsolete if i cant this to work. Can anybody tell me what to do on a program that wont unistall or install??

d_fisher
10-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=94065369&stateId=0%200%2094061657)

losfreddy
10-19-2008, 01:25 AM
It wont let me unistall or install it. I have already researched extensively

I Think someone needs to send me a copy of Blackberry Desktop software.msi for 4.3 from the temporary folder. It hasn't finished installing and cant unsitall until its been installed and is missing the file Blackberry desktop software.msi because it was deleted manualy after the fact. I cant install any other version of the manager cause it is interfering with it. its in some kinda loop hole or something.

d_fisher
10-19-2008, 10:10 AM
If you follow the instructions I linked to you can resolve your issue. Part of the steps are manually removing files, folders, and registry keys. When done you should be able to install a new instance of Desktop Manager. I have had to use it a number of times on my customers computers and its always worked.

losfreddy
10-19-2008, 10:45 AM
i was able to finish installing after a few of those steps. Thanks man

ivo.westera
03-22-2009, 11:27 AM
I am having similar problems. I can't install/uninstall BB desktop manager

brian@impsonline.com
06-14-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't know if I am missing something, but when I click on Change/Remove Windows Installer IMMEDIATELY asks me for the location of Blackberry Desktop Manager.msi. I have searched my laptop several times, and this file does not exist. Installer seems to think it should be in the Temp Files folder, but if it was ever thre, it has long since been deleted.

I am at my wits end here because I need to link to my PC to update my diaries and I also use my BB as a modem for net connection and e-mail when I am travelling.

Jimmy

MidnightDraven
06-14-2009, 03:40 PM
download and extract the desktop manager program from the blackberry website.
once done, and it asks for the msi, locate the extract files and you will find it.
it will then continue.

SteveO86
06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Or download the Microsoft Installer Cleanup utility. That comes in handy