PDA

View Full Version : IT Policy Status Message: 70 Processing Stopped: Invalid PIN - please help!

gogi
10-18-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm trying to setup Blackberry Professional Server for one user and I'm running into a major problem trying to sync him. Whenever I add him using the 'add user wizard' and assign the 'default' IT security policy, I get the error message of the topic (70 Processing Stopped: Invalid PIN) in the Users screen. And when I go to Enterprise Activation on the phone and put in the info, it just sits there for a very long time not doing much...

I'm positive the BPS account is setup correctly, permissions and all, because I've read about a million guides and forum posts and quadruple checked the permissions. I'm also sure that the phone is setup on a BES data plan, as I talked to the provider (Telus) numerous times to verify this. I've also turned off all forwarding rules as I read another post with a similar problem that was due to some mixup in forwarding rules confusing the BPS.

I really really need some help with this as I've been working on it for hours (and days!) and I'm come up with nothing. The messed up thing is that the phone WAS activated and sync'd to the server fine for about a week, and then one day it randomly stopped syncing. I called up Telus (the phone provider) and they walked me through deleting the service books and making sure it was registered on the mobile network. And since then it will not activate again. I've deleted the user numerous times and tried readding it, and I've restarted the blackberry services and the entire server!

Another thing that's happening -- when I try to do the Enterprise Activation on the phone, it sends the ETP.dat file to the user's inbox, but it just stays there. The BPS doesn't pick it up or do anything with it.

This is on a Microsoft exchange server, running SBS. Please please please help as I'm just so frustrated at this point!

nobody7290
10-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Have you tried this:
on the BES-Server, logged in as the BES service account, open a cmd windows,
goto:
/programs/Research in Motion/Blackberry Enterprise Server/Utility
execute IEMSTest.exe
if asked, choose a Outlook Profile, then, select the user in question from the global address-book.
Does the test complete succesful ?

Have you removed the User from the BES-Server,
then, on the handheld, goto options, security-setting, general, klick left, erease smartphone, wait....

Then again try to activate the device.

gogi
10-19-2008, 08:28 PM
I did try the test utility and it said that test folder was created/deleted successfully. As for erasing the phone I haven't done that because it's the user's personal phone and I don't really want to erase all the data on it...

I'm actually not sure if the 70 Processing; Stopped message is actually that important, because I've read in other threads that it should still work despite that, and that message is just misleading. I think the problem *might* have to do with how the user mailbox is setup. I have a sneaky suspicious the BPS server is picking up the 'wrong' email address or something. What I mean is, on the exchange server the user mailbox is something like JDoe @<hidden> company.com. But on the smtp the email address is setup as john @<hidden> company.com. The email address that the BPS picks up is john @<hidden> company.com. Does anyone think that could be the issue? I'm not an IT person by any means, but if there's a different email specified on the SMTP tab in the user's exchange settings, then isn't that like a 'fake' email address. Whereas the actual internal email address is JDoe @<hidden> company.com? I don't know if I'm explaining this well...

nobody7290
10-20-2008, 05:32 AM
The BPS uses the address, which is setup as the main address in the GAL/Active directory.
If you try to activate the device with a different address, this will not work.
try to activate with the john @<hidden> company.com address.
(you can change the address later, no reactivation neccessary)

Ereasing the device:
If this BB was in use previously with another (BIS/personal sync ...) service, better erase it, but make a backup. Using the supplied CD/or Rim Download install the Desktop manager. Make a backup, then erase the completely.
If that works, you still can import information from the backup into the BB.

fadmin
10-21-2008, 06:39 AM
That is normal if you assign different policy from Default one before activation. But that should not prevent yopu from activating device. In that case you need to check permissions and rest of the pre-requisites. Is your BESAdmin account domain administrator maybe?

jskolm85
10-21-2008, 08:30 AM
I had this problem too... Make sure the users phone is provisioned from the service provider for BES support. I had many users that had unlimited internet on their phone.... but that does not mean they have BES support. So contact that users Service Provider and ensure they have the proper Data Plan.

jskolm85
10-21-2008, 08:34 AM
I did try the test utility and it said that test folder was created/deleted successfully. As for erasing the phone I haven't done that because it's the user's personal phone and I don't really want to erase all the data on it...

I'm actually not sure if the 70 Processing; Stopped message is actually that important, because I've read in other threads that it should still work despite that, and that message is just misleading. I think the problem *might* have to do with how the user mailbox is setup. I have a sneaky suspicious the BPS server is picking up the 'wrong' email address or something. What I mean is, on the exchange server the user mailbox is something like JDoe @<hidden> company.com. But on the smtp the email address is setup as john @<hidden> company.com. The email address that the BPS picks up is john @<hidden> company.com. Does anyone think that could be the issue? I'm not an IT person by any means, but if there's a different email specified on the SMTP tab in the user's exchange settings, then isn't that like a 'fake' email address. Whereas the actual internal email address is JDoe @<hidden> company.com? I don't know if I'm explaining this well...

Also, the BPS needs to use the default email address assigned to the user. When you open the Active Directory Users and Computer >> Find the user's account and the double click on it, go the Email addresses and check which one of the SMTP addresses is listed in BOLD. That is the address that will be used by the BPS to activate the phone with.

fadmin
10-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Try wired activation as that would bypass wireless issues and data provisioning. If it works then try sending and receiving. If it does not work call your provider.