PDA

View Full Version : ColorPearl

mzcourtney
10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Do you think that the new Pearl will support ColorPearl?

John Clark
10-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Hmmm....possible but doubtful. Someone will have to pop the trackball and look for the led's. Also, ColorPearl has been replaced by BlingBall.

mzcourtney
10-18-2008, 11:13 PM
that stinks =( i loved that app when i had the pearl

strike2tamu
10-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (8100 Strike 2)

There is a dissasembly thread with pics somewhere on the forum.

mzcourtney
10-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Yaa but it doesnt zoom in to see how many LED lights are underneath the pearl lol

Minerva Keisha
10-20-2008, 01:56 AM
I'm currently trying to touch up the fuel door on my car. The paint code is W69 and the color is pearl white. After some research on the internet, I know it's tri-coat and so it's hard to find touch up paints. I found a website that will sell me both coats for $40 and then the third clear coat for more.
I don't want to spend $40, and will be happy with something that comes very close. Has anyone tried imitating pearl white with any other color? or does anyone have experience with car paints and have ideas on what may work best?

Raptor464
10-20-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm currently trying to touch up the fuel door on my car. The paint code is W69 and the color is pearl white. After some research on the internet, I know it's tri-coat and so it's hard to find touch up paints. I found a website that will sell me both coats for $40 and then the third clear coat for more.
I don't want to spend $40, and will be happy with something that comes very close. Has anyone tried imitating pearl white with any other color? or does anyone have experience with car paints and have ideas on what may work best?

What?

wobly
10-20-2008, 11:45 AM

WTF are you talking about?

But, getting any pearl coats to match is very difficult because of the "sparkles" in the paint. I would just go to a good paint/body shop and get it done....and post in a paint/body forum instead of a Blackberry user forum. :razz:

Blackberry_Poland
12-05-2008, 01:27 PM
To MINERVA KEISHA

i am just repairing my elephant. I am wondering, because his color code is Pearl Red E34, if I could paint his back as well. Or maybe his balls...

Dream Rider
12-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Wirelessly posted

Yes you can. I have done this on several of my Elephants. The challenge has been to get them to remain clam during the process and of course not get stepped on.

Blackberry_Poland
12-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Great! ;)

Raptor464
12-06-2008, 01:23 PM
HA, I forgot about this thread!

ripps1900
12-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Dream Rider, I know how you feel, my elephants dont remain "clam" at all