PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from 8330 to computer

rizzle2008
10-20-2008, 08:35 AM
I am a new user and love my :bb:. I have the 8330 and I took a few pictures that I want to put on my computer to have printed. I tried connecting the USB cable to the computer and it allowed me to access only pictures that were sent to me via text/e-mail or wallpapers that I downloaded for the phone.

How can I access the photos in my device memory from the computer? Am I able to do such? I tried e-mailing them to myself but that takes forever and usually it comes back as a failure.

Thanks in advance.

lacroixn
10-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Is media card support on?

Options > Media Card > Media card support, select on.

This enables your blackberry to be used as a hard drive when connected to your computer via usb. Then you can copy/cut and paste just as you would under windows.

good luck

takeshi
10-20-2008, 09:53 AM
How can I access the photos in my device memory from the computer?
IIRC you need to use Media Manager. Get a Media Card. Not only can you use Mass Storage Mode just by connecting your BB to your PC but you'll also save yourself headaches down the road. Storing media files in device memory is a very bad idea as you'll quickly eat up device memory and then wonder why your messages and other data are automatically deleted (BB does automatically this to free up memory).

rizzle2008
10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Is media card support on?

Options > Media Card > Media card support, select on.

This enables your blackberry to be used as a hard drive when connected to your computer via usb. Then you can copy/cut and paste just as you would under windows.

good luck

Thanks! I did check the media support and it is on. Its so weird, the blackberry folder comes up on the computer, but unfortunately it only brings up the pics sent to me.

Thanks again for your help.

rizzle2008
10-21-2008, 10:23 AM
IIRC you need to use Media Manager. Get a Media Card. Not only can you use Mass Storage Mode just by connecting your BB to your PC but you'll also save yourself headaches down the road. Storing media files in device memory is a very bad idea as you'll quickly eat up device memory and then wonder why your messages and other data are automatically deleted (BB does automatically this to free up memory).

A media manager? I will check into such a thing. I don't usually use my phone as storage but I forgot my camera over the weekend and used my phone to take a few pics! I will try to find out a little more about this media manager and storage card.

Thanks!

SprintBBtechy
10-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Media Manager?, on the disk that came with it phone, look into it. :)

From what I gather you are only looking into the device memory. Most 8330 come with a media card, the phone could be putting them there. If yours has a media card try looking for them there.

Some peoples phone rarely puts stuff in the wrong place because they were messing around with settings, you should look in the other music, video, etc...folders as well.