PDA

View Full Version : RIM's contact number?

doctortt
10-20-2008, 08:47 AM
I know this is silly. Can someone please tell me RIM's technical support telephone number in the U.S.? I was looking at their site and couldn't find the number. Thanks

Mattb7
10-20-2008, 09:04 AM
1 877 Blk Berr

JSanders
10-20-2008, 09:10 AM
You will be charged for direct support.

I would recommend you contact your carrier with a technical issue and ask to have it kicked up to RIM technical support, for free.

doctortt
10-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Ohhh, didn't know that. I'm planning to upgrade my BES to the latest SP, and I just want to have the contact information ready in order something screws up and I need to get RIM tech support for assistance. In this case, I can still call my provider (tmobile, cingular) and let them transfer the call to RIM for free?

soupandsandwich
10-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Ohhh, didn't know that. I'm planning to upgrade my BES to the latest SP, and I just want to have the contact information ready in order something screws up and I need to get RIM tech support for assistance. In this case, I can still call my provider (tmobile, cingular) and let them transfer the call to RIM for free?

No, the carrier will not be able to help you with BES issues. They only support the handheld and/or handheld provisioning.

For BES issues, you do need to call RIM tech support. If you don't have a T-Support plan with RIM, then you'll pay per incident.

doctortt
10-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Oh, thanks for the info. I will check what kind of contract I have. Thanks

Pinjo
10-20-2008, 09:20 AM
My local Verizon Data Support Team is very knowledgeable with BES migrations, installations and support. You might want to check anyways.

JSanders
10-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Exactly. (plus I didn't notice this post was in the BES area... :) )