PDA

View Full Version : Sound Quality on Blackberry 7750 with Verizon

bruced
10-21-2004, 03:27 PM
I am seriously thinking of getting a Blackberry 7750. Currently I am using Verizon and have great service (sound quality, etc.) with my existing phone. I have had two people tell me that the sound (receiving and also sending) is not as good with the Blackberry as with a more traditional phone. I am really looking for answers from current Verizon users only. Also, I do not want to use an ear piece to improve sound. How is the sound quality on the Verizon Blackberry 7750 with out any additional earpiece????

Thank you.

Bruce D. Brown

Accordian Man
10-21-2004, 04:04 PM
I tried it out in the Verizon store and found out pretty acceptable. It's not as clear as a standard cell phone, but the difference is negligible. I'm so torn as to getting one or not. You should read some of my postings about the Verizon BlackBerry.

Accordian Man
10-21-2004, 04:07 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1676

cjdietzman
10-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey Bruce,

I have had mine for about 4 months. My main problem is that the speaker on the phone is NOT loud enough. My former phone was a Nextel, and it was WAY louder. I like a loud phone. If you do too, then you will be disappointed. Also, the service is NOT great. I am in Fairfield County, CT, and I think that the service is not as good as my wife's verizon phone.

BB_WayCool
10-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Have had no complaints. Just bought a Verizon Plantronics small boom headset and am very pleased.

TonyJ
10-22-2004, 07:27 AM
I've found that while the handset is not very loud, if you use a headset you should find it acceptable. The headset volume is too loud if I turn it all the way up.

So far as coverage goes, in Western PA where I live, verizon is the way to go. I haven't had any problems with dead zones similar to what I experience with SprintPCS in the outlying areas. I have a friend who just recently took back a pair of LG phones because they couldn't get good signal in the same spots where I was OK.

kenorian
10-22-2004, 08:48 AM
All in all, I'm happy with the 7750 from Verizon. I've got six cell phone users in my family. We've used Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T over the past couple of years, and just finished moving them all to Verizon.

In my mind, in the Long Island/New York City area, it's almost ridiculous to try to compare Verizon to any other carrier for service availability and consistent signal.

bperkins
10-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Maybe I received a good one....I have had no trouble with my 7750 sound quality (loud enough and clear), and I do not use a headset. I think the sound quality is better if not as good as my LG 3200.