PDA

View Full Version : External antenna/booster for my Curve?

mcrane99
10-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm looking to drop my landline service for my home office and use my BB with an unlimited plan but the coverage in my house is quite limited. I talked with Hello Direct and they mentioned I could go for a Dock N Talk to put my phone in (where the reception is good) and use a cordless phone from there but it was a bit pricey ($200 for the whole package). Also I noticed that the Dock N Talk manufacturer has a booster antenna but have heard mixed reviews on boosters. Any thoughts from other BB users - are boosters worth it? Should I just step up and get a Dock N Talk or something similar like an XLink gateway?

Thanks

djm2
10-23-2008, 05:48 PM
I have had reasonably good luck with this, but I did add the external antenna and internal broadcast antenna upgrades, so it is not inexpensive. The steel siding on my house does a number on CDMA signal, however.

http://www.wi-ex.com/UserDyn/WiEx/specs/yx500-series_specsheet.pdf

wingrider78
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

That is exactly what I was going to post...except that I used the yx500-pcs version for GSM phones. They work surprisingly well...I have installed two quite easily and they give me full bars inside where I used to have 0-1 bars. Great item for less than 200...

Edit - thought I should mention, not two at my house...one is at work and the other is on my brothers house...

takeshi
10-24-2008, 12:54 PM
If you have good coverage outside all you need is a repeater.