PDA

View Full Version : Caller ID Question on phone app

joginder
09-18-2005, 01:13 AM
--My apologies for posting this in the wrong thread last time.!!
Hey, I wonder if there is a way to do something about this issue. I receive faxes on my BB and when the phone rings, there is no way way to tell if the call is coming from a fax line or from the home phone number. I have the number saved in my Address Book. It will be nice if the called ID shows the caller Name and it phone type: Mobile, Home, Fax etc so that I don't have to pick up the fax call.
Any help is highly appreciated

Dusty Saddle
09-18-2005, 08:20 AM
--My apologies for posting this in the wrong thread last time.!!
Hey, I wonder if there is a way to do something about this issue. I receive faxes on my BB and when the phone rings, there is no way way to tell if the call is coming from a fax line or from the home phone number. I have the number saved in my Address Book. It will be nice if the called ID shows the caller Name and it phone type: Mobile, Home, Fax etc so that I don't have to pick up the fax call.
Any help is highly appreciated
I'm curious, what BB do you have and what software are you using to receive faxes on yur BB?

Johnsrt4
09-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah I would also like to know that! Very interesting getting a fax on a blackberry.

skj8100
09-18-2005, 02:40 PM
If this is in the wrong place sorry... Is the Jabra BT800 Bluetooth Headset caller id supported by the 7520?

joginder
09-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Ohh Sure.. I am with T-Mobile and have been receiving all my faxes on my phone or BB because T-Mo has a separate inbox for all faxes. I used to have the same thing with AT&T also but I don't know about Cingular. Fax still comes fine.. The only problem is that if the fax is coming then I will not know if this is a fax or actual voice call until I pick up the phone. but then i lost the fax.
So far the only solution is to save my fax number as a new address book entry like FaxFromJohn and its fax number so that I know by caller ID.
But there should be a way ?? Any healp friends?
I am using BB7730 right now but I will be jumping to 7290 because I feel cramped on it because of the space.

joginder
09-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Ohh also once I get the fax in T-Mo inbox then I can forward it to any phone number. Works really cool for me

Dusty Saddle
09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Ohh also once I get the fax in T-Mo inbox then I can forward it to any phone number. Works really cool for me
What do you have to do to read the fax on your BB? Does it arrive in TIFF format or something else? Is the fax service with T-MO a separate service or is it part of their standard blackberry plan? How does your bb send the fax tone required to connect with a fax machine.

joginder
09-19-2005, 10:46 PM
No.. I can not see the fax on myt BB. it is part of T-Mo plan where they have a separate inbox for all faxes messages. When I hear my messages I have the options to print that fax message on any fax machine or forward it to another phone number (T-Mo only??)
My problem is that ... If someone is trying to send me a fax and then I don't want to pick up the line and let it go to voice mail because voice mail will handle fax properly. is there a way to identify from caller ID whether the call is coming from the home, work or fax number stored in my address book on BB