PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Error message when syncing....

shoppergirl
10-25-2008, 02:30 PM
When I try to sync my 8830 I get an error message, "Duplicate items found on handheld device" and gives me an internal error # of 4238. I have tried to just sync one way and I still get the error message. It stops the sync completely and does not update the PC or the handheld with the calendar or address book or anything else.

Anyone got any idea what is causing this or how to remedy it so I can sync my device. I have never seen this before and as far as I know I do not have any duplicate items in the calendar or address book. This appears to be an error message concerning the calendar since when it is trying to sync the calendar is when the message appears.

Please help!!

shoppergirl
10-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Tried looking on internet for some help. I deleted the Intellisync folder as one place recommended. I also rebooted PC and pulled battery on BB. None of these things fixed the problem. Still getting error message.

NJBlackBerry
10-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Have you looked in the Intellisync logs? There may be a hint there as to what the problem is.

shoppergirl
10-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Intellisync logs are no help. Like I said I even deleted the intellisync folder and then tried resyncing with the same error.