PDA

View Full Version : Need help with data Transfer I'm new

DIESELPOWER
10-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Glad I found this forum:smile:

Here's my situation I have BB 8830, and the mini USB charger port(ie little black tab inside BB) is broke what a POS design, anyway. I have insurance on all my BB phones, and I got the replacement. I use the I-Mac for my business, and window's for my personal use. I did not purchase the windows PC until after the USB charging port was broke:cry:.

I did try to install the Blackberry manager on the Mac, what a mess that is, and it is far from stable or dependable software for a Mac

I will install the BB manager on my new PC ASAP.

My question is? Is their a way to transfer all data, or the most important, my BB phonebook to my new BB 8830 without using the mini USB port. I have been told buy the Sprint BB Guru i am SOL, and he walked off zero help.

I'm truly a novice BB user, please be nice.

jgb@etree
10-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Bluetooth (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/articles/835/KB04132_f.SAL_Public.html)

DIESELPOWER
10-26-2008, 09:44 PM
So all I need is the bluetooth module for my I-Mac, and follow the instruction of the BB pocket mac software to save/transfer the data on my broke 8830

jgb@etree
10-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Sorry, I didn't read that you were using a Mac.

This would work on a PC w/ a functional Bluetooth stack, but I'm unsure what capabilities are available on a Mac.