PDA

View Full Version : Changing Browser Configuration Options

TheJax
10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
In the options for the BB Browser, my browser option is set to BlackBerry Browser. I change it to Internet browser and the change does not stay in effect. It goes back to Blackberry Browser.

Is it receiving this setting from the BES? If so, where do I go to change it? This problem is effecting the users I have on my BES (not just me). I want them to use "internet browser" and yet, when they change it on their device it goes back to BB Browser.

Thanks!

TheJax
10-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Correction:

In the General Properties of the BB bowser, the def browser is Internet Browser (which is correct). However, when we try and browse the internet, we are getting blocked messages from our Websense server (which indicates to me that we are going through our internal Internet service). I want the BB users to go through the data service on the BB so it is unfiltered access. Is there a setting on the BES that I can change so our users dont get filtered by my companies Websense?

Thanks again!

Phoenix887
10-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Go to Options-->Advanced-->Browser and check what the default configuration is.change it to a different value and back to the IB option and check.