PDA

View Full Version : 4.5.0.81 for 8800 multilanguage, when?

playerone
10-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Actually owning an 8800 with 4.5.0.69 multilanguage.
I wonder how long it'll take before the multilaguage version is released...

I really need it and I am puzzled at seeing that, while new firmwares are regularly released for all other models, the 8800 is not getting any new release.

I bet there must be some compatibility problems as I have not solved yet my battery drain issue.

Does anyone know anything about that? Any beta or rumours?

Thanks for any help,

playerone (starting to turn into player...two)

JerryD
10-27-2008, 04:02 AM
All versions of OS 4.5 includes all languages supported. There are no language variants.

Download the OS and re-install it and select the language support you need.

playerone
10-27-2008, 04:57 AM
Well...may be I haven't been too clear in my message but if you check this:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/151873-latest-os-8800-4-5-0-108-4-5-0-81-english-east-asian-languages.html
you will see that the newest firmware from Vodafone Australia is only in English and Asian languages.

Unfortunately that would cause me trouble (need Italian language) with smart case options and auto spell check.

There would not be, I guess, any option to flag for other languages during the set up...

unless there is something I do not know...

wu-wei
10-27-2008, 10:14 AM
The version I linked to includes Italian.

(I just double-checked to confirm that *_it.cod files were in my 'removed' folder, since I remove them before installing).

This version should work fine for you.

playerone
10-27-2008, 12:39 PM
These are happy news, indeed...but I wonder why it's clearly stated "english and east asia language", then.

So I assume you are right and will try to install it today...
Assuming I will find italian menu and italian laguage support for everything else...

Thank you very very much for your help...