PDA

View Full Version : Sync keeps wanting to delete calendar entries

snape
10-28-2008, 11:44 AM
I have an 8830 running 4.5.0.77, and everything's had been stable up until a few days ago. Memory shows 2.3 - 6 MB free (2.3 before batt pull, 6 after). My DM is 4.3.0.17. But now my BB deletes all timed calendar entries that are more than 30 days in the past, and wants to delete them from Outlook when I try to sync. All-day calendar items don't appear to be affected. My BB options are set to keep calendar items forever.

Any ideas what might be going on? I do have valid add/change/delete actions that should be occurring during a sync, but because I don't know how (if it's even possible) to selectively accept or reject changes, I haven't been able to sync successfully.

No other apps appear to be affected by this. I don't have tasks installed (I use TodoMatrix), I don't keep more than 1-2 days of messages and/or call logs, my few ringtones are stored on the memory card, and I only have a couple 3rd party apps. I've been using this device for 17 months, and haven't had any major glitches with it up until now. I hope it's just some weird setting that I screwed up, since I really don't want to switch devices.

Help!

ronr
12-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Blackberry doesn't want to keep old calendar entries for some reason. I don't understand why some of the long-term writers here haven't replied by now. This happens to me all the time and I click on "reject" then go back to the main screen and click on "synchronize" then click on "full synchronization". This allows you to merge the two.

Not sure if that is your problem, but it might be worth a check.

Good luck.

SteveO86
12-24-2008, 01:25 PM
I have an 8830 running 4.5.0.77, and everything's had been stable up until a few days ago. Memory shows 2.3 - 6 MB free (2.3 before batt pull, 6 after). My DM is 4.3.0.17. But now my BB deletes all timed calendar entries that are more than 30 days in the past, and wants to delete them from Outlook when I try to sync. All-day calendar items don't appear to be affected. My BB options are set to keep calendar items forever.

Any ideas what might be going on? I do have valid add/change/delete actions that should be occurring during a sync, but because I don't know how (if it's even possible) to selectively accept or reject changes, I haven't been able to sync successfully.

No other apps appear to be affected by this. I don't have tasks installed (I use TodoMatrix), I don't keep more than 1-2 days of messages and/or call logs, my few ringtones are stored on the memory card, and I only have a couple 3rd party apps. I've been using this device for 17 months, and haven't had any major glitches with it up until now. I hope it's just some weird setting that I screwed up, since I really don't want to switch devices.

Help!

The 8330 has 96 MB of memory you should have alot more then 6 MB free, you might want upgrade to 4.5.0.97.

Go into you Calendar, hit options and go into General options and you will see something called "keep appointments" make sure it is set for "forever" or however longer you want to keep it.

I had this same issue with 4.5.0.77 happened very rarely but it did happen. I really recommend getting 4.5.0.97.