PDA

View Full Version : BB 7290 unlocked: "battery drained. shutting down handheld"

prist
10-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I've got used BB 7290 unlocked. It worked well for a few hours and said "battery drained. shutting down handheld"((( Battery doesn't charge when connected whether to a wall charger or PC. Battery status indicator is always red with red answer on the left. I asked seller to send me another battery. The second one worked for a few hours and the same problem caused. I tried to install different versions of OS from the oldest to the latest. It doesn't help. It seems the phone doesn't recognize the batteries as genuine.
Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Please help me!

fiya
10-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Does/did the device have previous water damage? Have you tried using the battery in another BB?

The battery does not display charging while plugged into the charger? Might be a bad usb port...

I would try using the battery in a difference device first, and asking the seller if it has any water damage...

JSanders
10-28-2008, 04:52 PM
It sounds like you might have a bad USB port connection.

WHEN you are connected to charge, do you see a small electrical/charging symbol on or near the battery symbol?

prist
10-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't know about water... When the device was working I plugged into the charger and it displayed charging but actually the battery didn't charge.
I've got 2 batteries. They look like original. But I can't try them in another BB because I live in Belarus and nobody have Blackberry in my country(((

JSanders
10-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Let it charge a LONG time. Several hours, to 100%.

If the charging symbol appears, it is charging.

prist
10-28-2008, 05:01 PM
now when I plug into a charger it continue to show red indicator with answer on the left.
but if I plug a charger into when the phone is shutted down the flash led flashes.

JSanders
10-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Don't turn the BB OFF. Leave it to charge while on.

prist
10-28-2008, 05:06 PM
hmm.. when I turn it on It loads, says "battery drained. shutting down handheld" and shuts off...

NJBlackBerry
10-28-2008, 05:16 PM
LEAVE IT ALONE. Let it charge at least 4 hours. DO not touch it. Do not turn it on. Do not do anything. LEAVE IT ALONE.

JSanders
10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
LEAVE IT ALONE. Let it charge at least 4 hours. DO not touch it. Do not turn it on. Do not do anything. LEAVE IT ALONE.

Good advice. I wish I had thought of that. :?

NJBlackBerry
10-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Maybe you weren't clear enough ;-)