PDA

View Full Version : Re: Blackberry Enterprise vs. Blackberry Personal??

B-17 Pilot
10-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi all,

Just waiting to get my Bold next Tuesday. . .!! Can someone help me with the difference between Blackberry Enterprise and Blackberry Personal? Enterprise costs $45 and Personal is $30. It must have to do with the type of email systems you use on your phone!?

Thanks in advance. (y)

Mike

soupandsandwich
10-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (Yep, wirelessly posted.)

The enterprise plan is needed if you're connecting to a Blackberry Enterprise Server.
Usually for corporate email systems.

Serpentine009
10-30-2008, 01:08 PM
If you connect to a corporate Blackberry Enterprise Server server or a hosted BES server then you will require the $45 package to sync with the corporate exchange server.

The personal allows you to connect up to 10 email accounts, usually webmail type accounts, however, you will not be anywhere close to the syncing capabilities of BES.

If you do not have a corporate BES server to connect to (i.e. bigcorporation.com) then the $45 option is out.

fmvela
10-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Is it possible to have both BES and BIS on the same Blackberry device?

CO_BBTechie
10-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Is it possible to have both BES and BIS on the same Blackberry device?

Yes. Not just possible but very common. If you order BES you get BIS also. The reverse is not true however.

Redflea
10-30-2008, 02:30 PM
...and, you can get your corporate email on your BB via IMAP, POP, or OWA access with the Blackberry Personal plan. That is what those of us who's companies don't provide BES do.

B-17 Pilot
10-30-2008, 06:23 PM
. . .thanks for the get backs! It sounds like the BIS will work fine.