PDA

View Full Version : Eh... My Device Is Frozen

bc7
10-31-2008, 04:31 PM
So I downloaded an OTA theme from Themes4BB.com earlier today and now my phone will not come back on. It just lights up and has the hourglass spinning over and over. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to get this thing powered up? I tried a battery pull already.

See my signature for any questions as to why I downloaded this theme.

Thatzmister2u
10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
So I downloaded an OTA theme from Themes4BB.com earlier today and now my phone will not come back on. It just lights up and has the hourglass spinning over and over. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to get this thing powered up? I tried a battery pull already.

See my signature for any questions as to why I downloaded this theme.

Ouch. I am very sorry! I hope that you backed up before you installed the theme.

Start Here:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F)

Here if that fails (Repeat steps until it connects, can take many tries):

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)

Then here:

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_upgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F)

Be patient in the last step. It can take up to 1.25 hours.

Good Luck and sorry for your trouble!

Good news is that your device should live, the bad news is your data is gone if you don't have a back up.

E-

bc7
10-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Fortunately I did just backup before this download. Now it's just if I'm smart enough to figure this out! :) Thanks for the info.

Thatzmister2u
10-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Fortunately I did just backup before this download. Now it's just if I'm smart enough to figure this out! :) Thanks for the info.

Then you ARE smart!! Just follow the instructions EXACTLY and you will be fine. The instructions cover each and every step!

If you get stuck post back. I have to step away for a while but there are others here to help!

E-

bc7
11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
So I can't get my device to connect using the Jl Cmder. I followed the steps if it doesn't load but when I go into the command prompt I can't get the directory to change to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. It won't change from ....

Any thoughts/suggestions???

Thanks in advance!!!

jsconyers
11-03-2008, 01:59 PM
In the command prompt type the following

cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

bc7
11-03-2008, 02:09 PM
In the command prompt type the following

cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

That worked thanks. I'm still trying to figure this entire process out! I will post updates. I'm sure you are on pins and needles.

bc7
11-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Cue theatrical music....... IT WORKED! My device is now back up and running! I can't even begin to thank the people on this forum enough! You guys are the best!!

bc7
11-03-2008, 04:13 PM
So I got everything working except one thing. I have no option to use the phone on my device. My messages are coming through, but I have no phone option, any thoughts here? Did I just forget to install something? My 8700c is unlocked and I am using it with T-Mobile.

jsconyers
11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
If you press the green phone button, what happens?

bc7
11-03-2008, 04:40 PM
If you press the green phone button, what happens?

Nothing happens. Nothing happens when I hit the menu button in between the green and red buttons either.

bc7
11-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Ahhh yes! After doing a little bit of research I was able to figure out that the application for the phone was just never loaded on to my device via DM. Got that taken care of and now have phone access. Yay for me! Now all I'm missing is my Today theme, but I'm pretty sure I can find an OTA for that.

Thanks for the help/listening to me complain!