PDA

View Full Version : Worker threads of one of the pools seem to be blocked...

jluithle1980
10-31-2008, 10:01 PM
We are running the Exchange Connector for the BES environment. All of a sudden the server has decided to start degrading and is getting worse. At first we were having to reboot once a week and gradually increasing. I am not getting any other errors then "Worker threads of one of the pools seem to be blocked"... The messages were at least before still getting to the blackberries but now the server isn't doing that when the errors start to get reported. We are now having to reboot the server every two hours, which as you can see is still increasing.

Has anyone seen this issue before, I saw something similar with someone that was integrating with Notes back in 2006.

On a good note we have a new server stood up, but now I am leary of restoring the old database to the new server and have these errors start to slowly appear again. But I also have over 400 users around the world and it would be very difficult to keep their current settings on the handhelds without migrating the database. Is there something that someone out there has done with either of these two issues I would greatly appreciate any insight to my email address if at all possible since it is very difficult to access the forum when I am in the server room, the servers aren't allowed to browse the internet. My email is jason_l_1999@<hidden> which is an email that is configured to populate into exchange here... Thanks in advance...

jluithle1980
11-01-2008, 06:31 AM
agent 2: will not restart - reached the maximum of 10 restarts per 24 hours

This is a new finding, this started occuring and is only resolved as of right now by a reboot. I have stopped all services and restarted and the communication is not restored until a reboot occurs. Is there a place that these said "pools" are located that I may be overlooking?

moleman2k
11-01-2008, 09:08 PM
This should be in the besadmin corner.

I would contact rim. Sounds like you are suffering some serious communication issues between the bes and exchange.

A couple of things to try.
1) What is the ping time between bes and exchange? The higher the ping, the more likely you are to see this. Its recommended to keep it below 40ish
2) Could be a overtaxed exchange server. If the exchange server is too busy to deal with the request, then you could see this.
3) Bad user/mailbox. The logs would reveal this and rim could tell you.

Also, any updates recently to exchange or the bes?

I have dealt with this in the past, and in my case it was a busy exchange server. rim helped me narrow it down and fixed it

juwaack68
11-01-2008, 09:11 PM
** Moved to BES Admin Corner **