PDA

View Full Version : Accessing 8 gig Micro SD via Windows Explorer?

bbezradg
11-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Greetings everyone,

I have an 8 gig Micro SD card working on my 8830. Can see fine using the bb desktop software, and use that to transfer files.

I also understand that I should be able to bypass the desktop software and copy files directly but not sure how to make this work.

When I enable mass storage mode when connected, I can see the drive but it says that it is not formatted. Not sure why it says this as the drive is formatted as far as the bb and bb desktop software are concerned.

Trying to format from within Windows, I see that it will only format less than half the drive. So I did not do that.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

SteveO86
11-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Have you tried taking the card out of the BlackBerry and putting in you the computer itself (Without the USB Cable and BlackBerry)

What version of the Desktop Software are you running?

FF2
11-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Odd that it shows up but as UNformatted. Are you using encryption which might be "hiding" its true nature to your computer? What operating system is on your computer?

I've got an 8gig in my 8830 and it shows up properly.

momoski
11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
I know there are problems with SDHC cards (4gig and bigger) in Windows. I had it the other way around. I couldnt access my card through a card reader. It kept saying card unformatted and I couldnt format.
Then I put the card in my BB and formatted the disk. After that I have saved an attachment (image) on the card from the BB. From that moment I was able to access the card through windows explorer and mass storage enabled.
So my tip:
1. Format the card in BB
2. Store some file on the card in BB
3. Attach the BB to your laptop through an USB cable
4. You can now access the card through windows explorer.

Note: the transfer will be slow as the phone is now the man in the middle.

Hope this helps.